The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > Favourite DS9 season
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which season is your favourite?
Season 1 0 0%
Season 2 0 0%
Season 3 0 0%
Season 4 1 5.00%
Season 5 5 25.00%
Season 6 12 60.00%
Season 7 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Jadzia was more interesting than Ezri, but de Boer brought the character to life in a very short time. A freshly joined, unprepared and confused Trill was also interesting to see.
Yeah, it's apples and oranges, really. Both actresses portrayed very different Trills, and both characters worked really well.
Oh, and they were both hot, by the way...
Old 05-06-2009, 06:53 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippyDave View Post
Yeah, it's apples and oranges, really. Both actresses portrayed very different Trills, and both characters worked really well.
They were indeed both amazing.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:56 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippyDave View Post
Yeah, Ezri was an interesting character - especially as it permitted the relationship with Bashir to develop.

Jadzia was just so - alive as a person, Ezri was somewhat more quiet.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-06-2009, 10:34 AM
Fleet Admiral

One could say that Jadzia Dax brought out Dax, the variety of experiences, the hunger for life, the lack of any for more prejudice (would a human have played Tongo with some Ferengis?) while Ezri Dax emphasized Ezri, the unprepared trill who still has to adjust to that overwhelming amount of memories.
I guess that the freshly joined Jadzia felt similarly and that an older Ezri would be more confident and open.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Captain

I loved both Trills for different reasons. Jadzia was more of a "Take Charge" gal, while Ezri was unsure of herself, at least at first, and did develope her character well. I was happy that she ended up with the good Doctor.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:56 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
Little to add to what you have said, Kevin. The sixth season is overall very good and it features my two favourite DS9 epsidoes, In the Pale Moonlight and Far Beyond the Stars as well as many outstanding episodes like Waltz, Statistical Probabilities or, on the lighter side, One Little Ship and Who Mourns for Morn?.

The second season is also worth mentioning and Piller did not exaggerate when he claimed that this was the (hitherto) single best Star Trek season. It set up the general tone of the series and went deeply into the Bajorans and Cardassians. In retropspect it stands out for starting all those important themes of DS9.
Season 6 had perhaps the greatest number of awesome episodes and a particularly strong war arc... but it also started insulting my intelligence as a viewer with the whole stupid Pah-wraiths arc that plagued season 7, and the arc of Dukat acting in the way that makes no sense whatsoever, just in order to be eeevil enough - see "Tears of the Prophets". Oh, and it also had "Profit and Lace". Therefore, I can't vote for it. I'm a bit surprised that it's leading by such a margin, and that seasons 2 and 3 have no votes. Season 2 was great, I agree - although it also had some lame episodes, particuarly in the middle.

I think I'll wait till I do a full rewatch of the series before I decide which season to vote - though I think it will probably be season 5, as the most consistent one (I can't think of an episode that was infuriatinly crappy - I did't mind "Let He Who Is Without Sin..." and thought it had its merits). But it pains me to see 2 and 3 getting no love...

My ranking would probably be:

(actually I am not sure If I'd put 4 ahead of 2 or the other way round - 4 has less weak episodes, but 2 has some of my favorites)
Old 09-11-2009, 12:04 PM
Federation Councillor

I'm a little surprised Seasons 1-3 haven't had any votes. There's lot's of good episodes amongst them.

I think the war episodes and the moral ambiguity and decisions they discussed are part of the reason why 6 leads the way.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Fleet Admiral

I can't really pick a fave season. I can only say that the series really started getting interesting after "Way of the Warrior".