The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > "Making Of" Book?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default "Making Of" Book?

Has anybody heard if Paramount plans on releasing a "Making of ST XI" book? It would certainly be interesting to read a chronicle and see pics of the process of rebooting the ST franchise with this movie.

I would love to get the inside scoop on how the production design came about and the conception and execution of the visual effects by ILM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:01 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by notlad View Post
Has anybody heard if Paramount plans on releasing a "Making of ST XI" book? It would certainly be interesting to read a chronicle and see pics of the process of rebooting the ST franchise with this movie.

I would love to get the inside scoop on how the production design came about and the conception and execution of the visual effects by ILM.
Would you like that in pop-up format as well...
Old 04-10-2009, 12:21 PM
Ensign

I was wondering this very thing myself. Hopefully someone will have an answer soon.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:05 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Of course they will.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:30 PM
Lieutenant

that would be awesome to see... I would like to see also, though, "The Art of Star Trek XI" as well... they did that for Superman Returns and Batman Begins, and I would love to see that for this movie as well

Last edited by Ensign Kal : 04-10-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Commander

I would rather see an in-depth DVD feature that's an hour or two long covering the same info. The DVD extras have sucked in the past and I'd really like to see them knock this out of the park on this film.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:36 PM
Fleet Admiral

Red may be right: studios today seem much more willing to spend 'documentary' money on DVD content than books, just because they can market it all in one package. I'd guess making-of books are a more expensive prospect because they're such a separated project involving other companies, etc.

Also, I note some studios are much less enthusiastic about movie publishing tie-ins than others. Case in point: Warners has a slew of books surrounding TERMINATOR this summer. I've not heard of a TREK making-of or art-of book yet, and I found no results in an Amazon search just now.

The next thing I see is the 2010 calendar line.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!