The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek World Premier Impressions *Small spoilers*
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2009, 04:24 AM
Midshipman

Default Star Trek World Premier Impressions *Small spoilers*

Hey guys and gals, ive been browsing the forums for a bit and never really thought about joinning until now all because I was one of the lucky ones to go to the world premier at the Opera House. So i thought id share my impressions of the movie AND the event.

The following will contain small spoilers but no major plot spoilers. Here we go.

The event kicked off around 5:30pm and after the red carpet walk, everyone who had a lucky golden ticket packed the concert hall of the Opera House. After the doors were sealed shut, the lights dimed and the Vice President of Paramount came on stage in front of the huge screen thanking everyone for their hard work. Then he introduced JJ Abrams onto the stage followed by a huge applause by the some 2,000 crowd.

JJ Abrams then introduced the stars of the movie one by one onto the stage each getting a big clap. They all made jokes as they came on which gave a big laugh. I wont go into too much detail..

JJ Abrams then talked about the movie and that every premier should be in Sydney from now on. He also talked about how the concert hall was transformed into a working cinema, pointing out the fact that the guys (forgot their names sorry) who mixed the sound for the film set up the sound system in the concert hall so everything was perfect. Ill talk about sound later. So the lights dimed after JJ's speech and the movie kicked off straight away, by which my brain was about to explode from excitment.

OK now the movie.

It was amazing, though this is coming from mild trek fan, ive watched most of the TV series and all the movies but i still love trek, just not a die hard fan. So everything in the movie was perfect, the story was well sorted out and fitted nicely into the trek universe. The visual effects where eye melting and the sound was Oh my god loud and perfect. We really have come a along way with sound.

Its a very big popcorn movie of 2009, it was just plain fun to watch which resulted in my eyes glued to the screen for the 2 hours it ran. Some scenes were very emotion (the start), somewere very funny and others were just one thrill ride to watch. The first time Leonard Nimoy came on the screen everyone clapped and yelled in excitment. Every actor did their character very well, Zachary Quinto was just amazing and Leonard Mccoy omg he nailed it, especially the introduction scene. Kirk was very believable and felt like kirk.

Short review i know but i dont want to give too much away.

So heres the little spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

Spoilers

so thats all the small spoilers i can think of which wont ruin the movie for you.

So feel free to ask me questions about the movie, ill happily answer at some point.

Cheers
Old 04-08-2009, 08:11 AM
Captain

Stellar review with very good mild spoilers that are spoilish enough to wet the appetite--not ruin the main course! Thank you, thank you, and welcome to the forum!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:20 AM
Vice Admiral

I can only open the first spoiler!!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Vice Admiral

Can someone PM me the spoilers? I can't read them for some reason!!! Agghhhhhh!!
Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 AM
Commander

If you click "quote" as if you were going to reply to the original posting, you'll be able to read them.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:24 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtWalking View Post
If you click "quote" as if you were going to reply to the original posting, you'll be able to read them.
Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:45 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

That is awesome. I wish they would do something cool in my city but we are way too small. I will just have to wait like almost everyone else...but if there is one line I don't mind standing in, it is the line for the first viewing of any given Star Trek movie debuting in the theatre. WOOOOO HOOOOO
Old 04-08-2009, 09:54 AM
Commander

OMG I can't WAIT for this. Everyone is giving it such positive reviews! :/
Old 04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
Fleet Admiral

Great job, Randy, thanks for the review and welcome to the forum!

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Federation Councillor

Sounds ever more appealing as bits come out!! Thanks for the tasty little spoilers!

courtesy of Saquist