The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > How old were you when you started watching Star Trek?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 AM
Ensign

Probably about 5 or 6, when my Dad treated me to a video of Star Trek II. I quickly got into the Original Series through the only episodes available on VHS/Beta back then... "Space Seed" & "The Changeling", "The Empath" & "Miri".

I believe BBC TV showed episodes in the evening then too, while the news was on the other side. When I hit my teens nearly a decade later, they revived the slot with episodes of TNG and the rest.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:34 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessMess View Post
Me, I was 5 years old watching TOS. Thanks Dad!

You?
I was 9. I had seen it before, but never had the time to appreciate it until I was home for two weeks with a bad flu. Star Trek was on every day, and a sick kid doesn't feel like doing anything other than watching tv and sleeping. It was during that time that I got "hooked" and became a Star Trek fan. Back then, it was a crush on Mr. Spock. Now, it's become a full appreciation for the whole product as a whole, all the way from the creator's vision to the present.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I was 5 and started with TNG grew up watching it and some DS9 and Voy. but don't remember the last 2 series so I am getting caught up on DS9 and LOVE it!
Old 02-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Ensign

I started watching TOS when I was about 2 or 3 on reruns. I do remember staying up to finished to TNG premier when I was 5.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Midshipman

I can't really pinpoint an age of when I first started watching. I was born early in 1987 and my mom was a Trek fan and she always watched, so I can assume that I always watched. My first memories of Trek however were of TOS, more specifically "Amok Time". I still remember watching TNG at 6:30 on WUTV (Fox affiliate in Buffalo) in the early to mid-90s.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:14 AM
Midshipman

I was about 7, Tos aired in reruns in the 80's and it was on right after I got home from school!

I think its cool that I started with TOS as a kid...even though it was in the 80s!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Midshipman

Technically, I wasn't even two. My dad is a huge Trekker and always would have it on the TV (and he has a TON of the episodes on VHS!). The earliest I can recall watching it is around eight.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Midshipman

I was 4 , man im so old, lol
Old 02-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Ensign

I started watching when I was in Kindergarten (back in 1990). One of the first episodes I remember is the 'The Best of Both Worlds'. I remember hiding behind the very ugly peach colored couch we had back then when the Borg appeared on the screen. Since then I have been hooked.

"Four hundred years ago, a victorious general spoke the following words at the end of another costly war: 'Today the guns are silent. A great tragedy has ended... we have known the bitterness of defeat and the exultation of triumph, and from both we have learned there can be no going back. We must move forward to preserve in peace what we've won in war'."

- William Ross, quoting Douglas MacArthur
Old 02-07-2008, 02:24 PM
Commander

Nineteen. (Late bloomer?)