The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Bridge panorama - thoughts on design?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I recognized the Greek name. I was curious as to the combination you chose and the relation. It is gratifying to see an intrest in culture and history. That is fascinating tale, I should added to my reading list.

Yes Indeed, born and raised in Space City. WrestleMania was indeed big and well covered. I'm not sure if it's over. The radio stations have been nothing short of a-buzzed.
I would recommend the Aeneid to anyone. Then again, I would recommend a lot of classical works.

I've seen some of the pictures my friends have taken of Houston, looks like a great place. I wished I could have joined them (especially as I found out they went to NASA today) but flying from the UK to Texas is quite expensive - especially in the current economic climate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase63 View Post
Welcome aboard Aeneas...

Wish I could share your enthusiasm for the iBridge...but I can't.
Thank you. When I first saw the iBridge I wasn't happy at all, I thought it was flashy, too bright and just over-designed (my favourite version of the bridge was the Ent-A's bridge in Undiscovered Country)

Over time I've come to accept the design and have grown to like it. Despite that, I can understand why you're not so enthusiastic about it - I hope for your sake that the story and characters make up for it.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:09 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanAeneas View Post
I've seen some of the pictures my friends have taken of Houston, looks like a great place. I wished I could have joined them (especially as I found out they went to NASA today) but flying from the UK to Texas is quite expensive - especially in the current economic climate.

Truely the Emerald City.
Of course it's known as the Bayou City, Space City Clutch City (sports term) Right now the Wheather is unseasonably......WONDERFULL....

I don't know what's going on. Your compadre's really chose the right year and week to Houston. If feels like how everyone says California feels.

-You know I really don't like this bridge but it's a far sight better than the ship it'self. I'll never get used to it.

Old 04-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Lieutenant

i had a few minutes with the universes source code and God's universe compiler script last week and hard coded a couple days of beautiful weather for Easter.... that's whats going on. I also managed to create a temporary global warming effect three or four years back just for the fun of seeing politicians use it to try and gain support from environmental groups, I even managed the snowing in the global warming convention in new york a while back...