The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Iowa 250 years ahead of Trek
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 09:08 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerhanner View Post
Isn't it funny how straight guys tend to say things like "I don't mind gays as long as they don't hit on me" ?? It's like they're the hottest trick in town and gay guys are just running amok like a Vulcan in pon farr.
You would think that the straight guys would extend the courtesy they demand from gay guys and stop hitting on women all the time!!!
There is some truth in that!

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 AM
Captain

Quote:
Isn't it funny how straight guys tend to say things like "I don't mind gays as long as they don't hit on me" ?? It's like they're the hottest trick in town and gay guys are just running amok like a Vulcan in pon farr.
You would think that the straight guys would extend the courtesy they demand from gay guys and stop hitting on women all the time!!!
yeah, but to be fair your description of gay guys is not so far from the truth
there are a lot of flamboyant gays indeed
Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Conway, Arkansas. It's a nice little town with three Universities in it, and surrounded by woods.

Quote:

jerhanner,

Yeah, I wasn't going to bring that up, but since you did...

I find guys who say that sort of thing, that they are worried about gays hitting on them, is because they are projecting. They're fearful that they will be treated the same way that they themselves would treat a woman. (Man, that doesn't say much for their dating style, does it?) But, they just have to remember that "no" means no.

It's too bad they aren't a little more secure with themselves. There are advantages to being open minded. Back in my yonger, more attractive days, even before I accepted my being bi, I was considered a "cub" (a young bearish dude) and could hit any of the gay bars in town and never once have to buy a drink for myself. I never "put out" as it were, but I was always willing to sit and chat and flirt with whomever was buying. (Something I'm sure many of the girls on this forum can relate to.)

Number Six: I will not be stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! I am a person.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
no its not like their vulcuns in pon farr (most of the time... unless their drunk). yes they do try to hit on me sometimes, but most of the time they'll back off and apologize if i tell them i'm sexually unavailable.

What really bugs me more is the "straight" guys who feel it their mission to bash anyone who might possibly in any way be gay just because their secretly gay and feel ashamed about it.

fin, i don't treat women like that. i'm more the hermit type actually I could go months without seeing another member of my species and in some cases it would be to soon.

i wish people would leave posts in original context....
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraviik View Post
besides i'm a being made of energy and crystal i have no sexual orientation... Muahahahahaha

Last edited by sraviik : 04-05-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:30 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
That's an interesting question, and one that is central to many people's irrational fears and prejudices against gays. Personally, I doubt that God distances him/her/itself from anyone on the basis of what they are born with. What if the church (a creation of man) decided that all left handed people were evil, and should be shunned? Do you really think God would follow suit?

There's a very, very strong case that homosexuality is something people are born with. There might be a "gay gene" or it could be the result of a delicate balance of hormones while developing in the womb. Either way, it's not something you can just switch off, anymore than a straight person can wake up one day and change their orientation to being gay.

What I was taught, was that God knows us all right down to the last atom. We are ALL imperfect, and capable of doing wrong. What keeps us in God's grace is admitting that we screw up, and we keep trying to do better. I don't know about you, but loving someone else, being there for them, building a life together and helping them with getting through this existence in a way that encourages that kind of growth... is NOT a sin. And it doesn't matter if that person is the same, or opposite sex as you.

Tell me though... who do you think is closer to God? The gays just trying to love one another... or the straights who beat them, take away their rights, and allow them to die saying a virus is "God's judgement?"

fanwriter , u re right man , there's nothing more to say , u re just right
Old 04-05-2009, 09:46 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraviik View Post
its cuase gays of the future don't feel a need to flaunt their gayness in our faces... really i have no problem with gay people kissing marying or anything like that as long as they don't try to hit on me.
There is the exact context.

I wasn't going after you specifically - I assure you, every time the subject of homosexuality comes up around here (or probably anywhere) someone is bound to say that.
And yes, most straight men are polite and go away if you ask them to. Mostly.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:52 AM
Captain

Quote:
There is the exact context.

I wasn't going after you specifically - I assure you, every time the subject of homosexuality comes up around here (or probably anywhere) someone is bound to say that.
And yes, most straight men are polite and go away if you ask them to. Mostly.
is there already a law named after that, or can we christen it
jerhanner's law now ?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:56 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanWriter45 View Post
That's an interesting question, and one that is central to many people's irrational fears and prejudices against gays. Personally, I doubt that God distances him/her/itself from anyone on the basis of what they are born with. What if the church (a creation of man) decided that all left handed people were evil, and should be shunned? Do you really think God would follow suit?
That was the case for a long time already. Specifically, I know that lefties got the cane and were forced to be faux-righties in the Victorian time period...

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 04-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA-1842 View Post
That was the case for a long time already. Specifically, I know that lefties got the cane and were forced to be faux-righties in the Victorian time period...
Yes, left handed writers were once treated very poorly by the system.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 04-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Captain

davinci was left-handed and supposedly gay

what an abomination