The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > ENT, my favourite Trek show
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 AM
Midshipman

Default ENT, my favourite Trek show

I grew up with reruns of TOS (was born in 77). I remember playing Star Trek with my best friend when I was 4/5 years old. Since then I watched the movies and a lot of TNG, DS9 and Voyager, but I never got hooked completely again. Something was missing for me.

When ENT came out I didn't even give it a chance.

Now a few years later I wanted to watch a Trek show again and started out with my TOS DVD collection but after a few episodes I couldn't help but wonder how this last show turned out. So I went and bought the first season on DVD.

I really did not expect much, but soon, after the first 2 episodes I got hooked ... more than ever before. The characters were all lovable and interesting unlike the characters of Voyager, the storylines didn't rely on some weird holodeck action but were mostly intersting and had this "realistic" feel to it...

But what was the best aspect of the show was how close it was to our time, how human the characters were, how naive thery were and how much humor the show had. Finally some of the old Kirk/Spock fun was back on the screen. The humor didn't seem "staged" as often in TNG but very natural (if that makes any sense).

Of course I was dissapointed with the ending of the 4th season and I wish the show would have been apprechiated during it's time. It's a shame it was cancelled. I think the biggest reason for it not being successful is that it came too early. There should have been some Trek-free time between Voyager and Enterprise.

I always liked Star Trek, but only ENT made me actually excited about the new movie, got me checking out Star Trek websites, order books and overall cleared the path for me becoming (something like) a trekkie/trekker.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:09 AM
Ensign

Enterprise was about the characters...the actors had so much depth and chemistry. When the stories were on a thin and trite side....I'm still captivated because I still want to be with them in their world and see what they'll do.
Scott Bakula deserves a lot of credit for that chemistry...I think. BTW, I 'm close to 20 years older (b.1958) and grew up with TOS--

I'm with ya on the books...and even some of the toys....
Old 02-13-2008, 10:52 AM
Rear Admiral

I agree, and even though I have said before that the show was dark at times, but It had to be a little I guess. In order to get to the TOS/TNG era of peace and way of life, someone had help build that way of life for the future.

I really wish the show could have had a season 5. Maybe even jumped ahead a few years to the Romulan War.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:50 AM
Ensign

Needless to say, it's my favourite too. Maybe that's down to the untapped potential we should've got between 2005 and now. I find Season 4 the most rewatchable and can only imagine how they'd have topped it.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Ensign

FYI. I thought this was cool. It doesn't change anything or bring the show back...but it does mean some good exposure for our beleaguered ENT...

Forum: Star Trek: Enterprise
=====================================

-------------------------------------------
Topic: All-Day Marathon on Sunday 2/3 (strike14 -- Yesterday, 09:57 PM)
QUOTE(joxerfan @ Feb 18 2008, 11:03 AM) [snapback]4891187[/snapback]Hey guys, it worked! More people watched the Super Bowl this year than ever, especially because of the unbeaten Patroits and the David vs. Goliath nature of the game.

But the Enterprise marathon made the top ten, with a solid 0.8, or more than a million viewers!
-----------------------------

]
Very impressive. I found myself watching alot more ST then the superbowl.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Rear Admiral

lol, Yeah I watched ENT that day, it is good see Sci-Fi is doing it again.

It would be nice if they could get some the cast to introduce some of the episodes like The New TNN(Spike TV) used to do with TNG a few years ago.
Old 03-02-2008, 06:45 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir num nums View Post
lol, Yeah I watched ENT that day, it is good see Sci-Fi is doing it again.

It would be nice if they could get some the cast to introduce some of the episodes like The New TNN(Spike TV) used to do with TNG a few years ago.

Great idea...I hope that happens...
Old 03-04-2008, 09:10 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I loved this series; it is my favorite. Are the books any good? I thought about buying one and don't know if it's a waste of time. Any suggestions as to which one is great? By the way, I have watched ST: ENT. numerous times. I wish Amazon would put the 4th season on Unbox.
Old 03-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSalon View Post
I loved this series; it is my favorite. Are the books any good? I thought about buying one and don't know if it's a waste of time. Any suggestions as to which one is great? By the way, I have watched ST: ENT. numerous times. I wish Amazon would put the 4th season on Unbox.
Most are really good. All Dave Stern's books rock. Broken Bow is really cheesey...THOUGH-it has (I think) a really interesting section in the back on the conceptual ideas behind the show. I enjoyed reading them all chronologically. "The Good that Men Do" corrects the Trip death and shows "These are the Voyages" as both an Enterprise story and as one that is well written. If you go to the site FanLib, there are some really good stories there as well by 2Distracted (more adult oriented--)

Hope this helps..
Old 03-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Ensign

I gotta agree with Covus - when I first heard about Enterprise, I thought that it was a story about NCC1701-E (which I'm not a big fan of) but then, when I read somewhere that it was a prequel - I asked my mum to videotape every episode cause I was in college and didn't have a TV. When I got back, I just sat and watched every episode that she had videotaped and I was hooked.

The ENT books are great, especially 'The Good That Men Do' - but the Daedalus series is my fav.

And yes, ENT is my favourite Trek.