The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Sequel already confirmed by Paramount!!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-31-2009, 08:46 AM
Fleet Admiral

They put a lot of money and time into rebooting this franchise, I'm sure this was the long term plan all along.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:50 AM
Fleet Admiral

Indeed, but what happens if, God forbid, the movie bombs?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:53 AM
Fleet Admiral

It looks like they got their people locked up, but are still in the early stages. If this movie bombs Paramount could still walk away from the sequals. They haven't gone into production yet.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Fleet Admiral

Since, Paramount is already talking big about the sequel, are they thinking that Star Trek is gonna be the next Dark Knight or something like that? I just don't see that happening. Surely, it will be the most successful Trek movie...maybe I'm still horrified by how little Nemesis made...
Old 03-31-2009, 08:59 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Tom Coughlin View Post
They put a lot of money and time into rebooting this franchise, I'm sure this was the long term plan all along.
I would say that is a fair assesment...considering they had the principle actors sign a multi movie deal in the beginning. I know that really is not solid evidence to support my post seeing as how in-sufficient box office returns can negate the contracts...call it a little foreshadowing from the Powers that be.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:09 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
Since, Paramount is already talking big about the sequel, are they thinking that Star Trek is gonna be the next Dark Knight or something like that? I just don't see that happening. Surely, it will be the most successful Trek movie...maybe I'm still horrified by how little Nemesis made...
I'm sure that is exactly why they are doing what they are doing. Star Trek was on a downward spiral, but it still has a solid fan base. I think Paramount views it as a potential sleeping giant. I'm sure this movie is step one in rebooting and trying to get a big time money making franchise off of the ground.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:15 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
I'm sure that is exactly why they are doing what they are doing. Star Trek was on a downward spiral, but it still has a solid fan base. I think Paramount views it as a potential sleeping giant. I'm sure this movie is step one in rebooting and trying to get a big time money making franchise off of the ground.
I see what you mean. It's been so long sine there was a Star Trek movie, I just don't know what to expect financially.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Fleet Admiral

This isn't like what came before, they are going for the summer blockbuster film, with the summer blockbuster budget. They are certainly going for it, hopefully the movie lives up to the ambition.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
This isn't like what came before, they are going for the summer blockbuster film, with the summer blockbuster budget. They are certainly going for it, hopefully the movie lives up to the ambition.
I certainly hope it does as well. The epic scale of the movie is quite something and that's just judging from the trailers. It's all about getting those elusive non-fans in to see it. That's really my only worry.
Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 AM
Vice Admiral

i know these words are gonna do u much good but ill try: guys dont worry, the movie isnt gonna bomb, then i suppose u re gonna ask me , how do u know this? i know it cause the hype is strong , paramount 's got special people , analysts , if u may say them , an cine empire like paramount isnt stupid to invest all that money and time , this isnt the poorly advertised star trek you know , this is the next best thing to daniel kreg reboots and batman