The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Official Sydney Premier Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-29-2009, 03:26 AM
Commander

Default Official Sydney Premier Thread

Let's make this our Official Sydney Premier Thread. T-9 Days From now! (For EST)
I figured it should be created so any spoilers don't get randomly posted. Talk about anything leading up to, during, and after the Trek world premier. If you see it, give us thoughts. Be SURE to post any spoilers under tags. And don't exactly give away the plot (unless someone asks I suppose. )

I'm insane with anticipation, and when the first reviews come out they will determine weather I die of a massive explosion of amazing awesome or a broken heart.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Lieutenant Commander

The best grossing Treks had solid reviews as well, I cannot understate how important it is that this movie reviews well. Good idea making this thread.

Old 03-29-2009, 06:58 PM
Midshipman

Well I've got my ticket so I'm already to go. I have to say as an old school fan of the original series, I have an enormous amount of excitement for this event.

I was lucky enough to attend the European Premiere of Star Trek:VI, but this is something else. It's very similar to the run up of The Motion Picture, with a significant gap since any new Trek.

It would be good to see a little more press coverage over here, but what with sport being so dominant in the Australian media and the Grand Prix and start of the AFL season just gone, it's hard to compete in that arena.

Saw the Vision of the world and all the wonder that would be...
Old 04-03-2009, 05:18 AM
Midshipman

Well I'm afraid I don't have a ticket Do we know if there are any competitions for tickets??? There's been no publicity for it. Having said that, there's been very little publicising of the movie off the net apart from the occasional foxtel ad...Are the trailers even in Aussie Cinemas yet?