The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New Pic Of Uss Enterprise!!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
I looked again to make sure...it's butt ugly.

Star Trek is like a psychotrophic drug that effects the brain's reasoning center of normal individuals over prolong exposure. The phenomenon is called ...Trek At All Cost..."itist". An inflamtion of the traveler instinct in the hypothalamus the victim to crave All Things Trek resulting in little self control. There are related phenomenon, Warsie Rabies effects the hypocampus stimulating a insatiable desire for mundane battles, glowing swords, and superhuman powers. Gate Fever is also a huge problem that produces that puts certain viewers into "heat" every Friday for seeing their favorite characters make out.

There are Foundations currently working on cures. The National Football League, The National Basketball League are currently reaching out to all fighting the battle against mediocre and driving standards toward Great Expectations instead of Great Explo-tations.
Not sure I follow what you're trying to say. What is "Warsie rabies?". What does "inflamation of the traveller instinct in the hypothalamus" mean? Are you writing your posts with the help of random placement of fridge magnets?

Last edited by Scribbler : 03-27-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:54 PM
Fleet Admiral

Alas another victim....

Old 03-27-2009, 09:25 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Gate Fever is also a huge problem that puts certain viewers into "heat" every Friday for seeing their favorite characters make out.
Oh man, scifi's got Ark of Truth and Continuum on as a double feature tonight. I got the gate fever bad and the only prescription is... wait, are we talking about the same gates?

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 03-27-2009, 09:55 PM
Lieutenant

hmmm i wonder what great Explo-tations is.
anyways as far as i can tell Football & Basketball never done a lick of good for me. in fact I reckon their purty Mediocre themselves.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:06 PM
Lieutenant

Yeah, American pro sports don't do much for me. The big ones seem to be overpaid 9-foot-tall mutants with double-digit IQs playing a game designed to be challenging for 5`10 people to play, or alternatively overpaid wussies wearing helmets and body armor to play rugby. Not very interesting.

That said, I really don't like the new E. The secondary hull could've been much, much better done. The way it is, it looks weird and out of proportion to me. Oh well, good thing I'm not going to go see this movie to drool over the model spaceship...
Old 03-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glacial View Post
The secondary hull could've been much, much better done. The way it is, it looks weird and out of proportion to me. Oh well, good thing I'm not going to go see this movie to drool over the model spaceship...
I agree with that. That's my only real problem with the new ship. The other are the nacelles but they've grown on me, they don't seem wrong, but the secondary hull is hard to swallow especially from certain angles and this one here shows the sort of unbalanced feel of it more so.

Overall though, it still says Enterprise, it still says Star Trek and that's the important thing. They pushed the design, but they didn't push it to the breaking point, at least to my view.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
Oh man, scifi's got Ark of Truth and Continuum on as a double feature tonight. I got the gate fever bad and the only prescription is... wait, are we talking about the same gates?

That was a really good movie.
You know SaTesh and Baal...wow..

They could've made a whole movie on that little domestic issue.

Old 03-27-2009, 11:30 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
I looked again to make sure...it's butt ugly.

Star Trek is like a psychotrophic drug that effects the brain's reasoning center of normal individuals over prolong exposure. The phenomenon is called ...Trek At All Cost..."itist". An inflamtion of the traveler instinct in the hypothalamus the victim to crave All Things Trek resulting in little self control. There are related phenomenon, Warsie Rabies effects the hypocampus stimulating a insatiable desire for mundane battles, glowing swords, and superhuman powers. Gate Fever is also a huge problem that puts certain viewers into "heat" every Friday for seeing their favorite characters make out.

There are Foundations currently working on cures. The National Football League, The National Basketball League are currently reaching out to all fighting the battle against mediocre and driving standards toward Great Expectations instead of Great Explo-tations.
I think I have trekatallcostitist!! At least a mild form of it. The NFL and NBA are reaching out? I don't know, isn't that like shooting the patient in order to cure the disease?
Old 03-27-2009, 11:33 PM
Fleet Admiral

Absolutely!

Old 03-27-2009, 11:39 PM
Admiral

Quote:
That was a really good movie.
You know SaTesh and Baal...wow..

They could've made a whole movie on that little domestic issue.
No kidding! I could see a little more of that SaTesh/Baal plot. That scene with the sword was an interesting way of dealing with a domestic issue!

I think I prefer Ark of Truth though. It was a nice finishing of the Ori storyline. The great thing about Continuum is that it felt like the old SG1 from the earlier seasons.