The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Favorite Shoes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Favorite shoe brand
Adidas 2 7.14%
New Balance 6 21.43%
Converse (Chuck Taylors) 3 10.71%
Vans 1 3.57%
Crocs 3 10.71%
Nike 3 10.71%
Other 10 35.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2009, 09:05 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
I just wear the good ol' tried and true black leather combat boot.
There has to be brand. Are they Cochorans? If anything...do you remeber what you paid for the pair?

I've worn many different brands and I know they are NOT created equal. Whatever you wear, they must be comfy. Combat boots are not usually associated with comfort!
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
Oops! i didn't realize you are in Greece! I sometimes forget this is a board with worldwide members!! I was thinking "U.S. Army".
thats ok , i am the only one
Old 03-23-2009, 01:02 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
There has to be brand. Are they Cochorans? If anything...do you remeber what you paid for the pair?

I've worn many different brands and I know they are NOT created equal. Whatever you wear, they must be comfy. Combat boots are not usually associated with comfort!
LOL! Truth be told....I cannot remember (or see) their brand name. Also, I can already see the back of the boot (just above the heel) start to give a little bit....trouble sometimes with walking the French Quarter here in New Orleans.

But they are very comfy, and functional.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:13 AM
Admiral

I voted New Balance. I like running quite a bit and New Balance are my favorites. They're made well and they last a long time.

My other favorite shoes are these.

They're great, built to last, craftsmanship like you don't see these days. Great boots! Alden makes them, they make good shoes in general but a bit pricy. These are called the Indy boot 'cause Ford insisted on wearing this boot for the Indy films. He'd worn them in his carpentry days. What can I say, he has good taste!

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 03-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
LOL! Truth be told....I cannot remember (or see) their brand name. Also, I can already see the back of the boot (just above the heel) start to give a little bit....trouble sometimes with walking the French Quarter here in New Orleans.

But they are very comfy, and functional.
Sounds like you are about due for a new pair!!

I started to pay attention to brand and model numbers for boots a long time ago. After I finished my training in the Army, the first thing I did was go buy myself a good pair of boots. The issued boots were cheap and hard my feet. I bought some well known brands and types, but sometimes they were all hype and poor performers. The Corcoran's I mentioned were a popular brand back then. The Corcoran II's were popular because they were supposedly comfortable and they had a ptent leather heal and toe that was easy to shine up. I spent alot of money on them and was disappointed. They weren't waterproof, they hurt my feet. Now that I found a brand that truly is comfortable (for me), not too expensive (under $150), and perform well in "field" conditions, I'm sticking with them. I've worn one pair five days a week, for nearly three years!! Only now am I trading them out for another pair because the lugs on the sole are almost worn out!!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Captain

Cool

My favorites?

When my wife wears her black (bleep) me heels...
Old 03-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Sounds like you are about due for a new pair!!

I started to pay attention to brand and model numbers for boots a long time ago. After I finished my training in the Army, the first thing I did was go buy myself a good pair of boots. The issued boots were cheap and hard my feet. I bought some well known brands and types, but sometimes they were all hype and poor performers. The Corcoran's I mentioned were a popular brand back then. The Corcoran II's were popular because they were supposedly comfortable and they had a ptent leather heal and toe that was easy to shine up. I spent alot of money on them and was disappointed. They weren't waterproof, they hurt my feet. Now that I found a brand that truly is comfortable (for me), not too expensive (under $150), and perform well in "field" conditions, I'm sticking with them. I've worn one pair five days a week, for nearly three years!! Only now am I trading them out for another pair because the lugs on the sole are almost worn out!!
Indeed...I think I only paid about 65...maybe 70 bucks for mine. Yeah, I might be due for a new pair soon.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Rear Admiral

I bought a pair of HD Streethawks 7 years ago and they have been the only thing I worn outside the house...inside I wear either my Teva's or my Japanese Tabi's.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:00 PM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
I bought a pair of HD Streethawks 7 years ago and they have been the only thing I worn outside the house...inside I wear either my Teva's or my Japanese Tabi's.
Cool. I'm glad someone else holds on to shoes as long as I do. I don't wear anything that is quite that old, not yet anyway. My Doc Marten's are five years old, but I mix wearing them with my Nike's. I wear my work boots for the biggest part of the day. Those I have worn for 3 years (just over), nearly every workday, for 9-10 hours a day, or more!! That's why I don't think $150 is expensive when you get that kind of mileage out of them. They still look good and are in great shape, the only reason I am switching for a new pair is because I need better traction with a new sole.

Last edited by MrQ1701 : 03-24-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 10:23 PM
Commander

From the list you gave? Converse. Why? Simply because I've always found them to be well made, and comfortable. I bought a pair back in 83' when I was in the Navy, I found them in the Navy Exchange, on sale for $9 dollars. I bought them and wore them whenever we got liberty and got to wear our civilian clothes. I still had them when I got out in 88' and they finally wore out in 1990. That was a darn good pair of sneakers.