The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New TV series starring new movie cast?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Ensign

What would be a good idea from a business sense, is to create another Star Trek Animated series.

The Future Begins
Old 02-11-2008, 06:31 AM
Ensign

I would like to see a new series produced by Abrams (maybe that's why Paramount chose him) following Titan & get Frakes, Sirtis & Russ to return to Trek. This would be an amazing show & if Abrams produces & you get Frakes back in there as captain (which Trek fans have always wanted to see) I think it would be a success.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:49 AM
Ensign

Sir Num Nums,

It might bother some fans to know how Chris Pike ends up if there were to be a series but it really wouldn't phase me. Who's to say that the new Trek movie may change Pike's fate? Anyways, the Pike era's gotten a little attention in the comics and a tiny bit of attention in the novels but it would be cool to see it on screen.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:51 AM
Midshipman

Default New TV series starring new movie cast?< NOT

Didnt they try that allready..with Enterprise (I so Hate it).

Sad point is that they keep trying to go back and tie all there story idea's to the original as if they would help them not having a strong story line and true trek content.

Like the teaser video. Consider the possability that this is the building of a memorial to the TOS crew/ship/mission and that's why it's on the planet instead of space? I hope they stop screwing with cannon, stop trying to tie them to the original with lame scripts and get a real story with characters who make us feel we are in trek while teaching a moral or value like the original/movies and TNG did. (anyone else remember GR's saying that at a con?)

Let's see a current (TNG time line) with strong story content not strings to the past and stop trying to prop up your work with the "TOS".

Maybe even see Riker storyline with new story's of peace talks with Romulans. I have some idea's on this myself.

Live long and prosper.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:30 AM
Ensign

If this movie rakes in the cash, the cast will proberly sign on for another three movies or so.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:47 AM
Ensign

I'd like to see a well-made animated series based on the new movies. Maybe take the opportunity to overhaul TAS with new animation, while they're at it.

I think they need to stick with the TOS era for a while now. Should there be a new 'next generation' Trek, it should also keep to the 23rd century period.

The 24th Century's been done to death and it's clearly not a very nice place to live. Further on from TNG starts taking us to the point where humans will be too different to relate to (arguably something that was already happening in the 24th century!)
Old 02-11-2008, 08:02 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspencade View Post
Didnt they try that allready..with Enterprise (I so Hate it).

Sad point is that they keep trying to go back and tie all there story idea's to the original as if they would help them not having a strong story line and true trek content.

Like the teaser video. Consider the possability that this is the building of a memorial to the TOS crew/ship/mission and that's why it's on the planet instead of space? I hope they stop screwing with cannon, stop trying to tie them to the original with lame scripts and get a real story with characters who make us feel we are in trek while teaching a moral or value like the original/movies and TNG did. (anyone else remember GR's saying that at a con?)

Let's see a current (TNG time line) with strong story content not strings to the past and stop trying to prop up your work with the "TOS".

Maybe even see Riker storyline with new story's of peace talks with Romulans. I have some idea's on this myself.

Live long and prosper.
RE TOS leeching: I agree there is plenty of room in the Star Trek Universe for more originallity. However, even TNG leeched out a few story lines from TOS. I am okay if they gain some bearings from past episodes but when they simply substitute characters and places on a recycled plot it is tedious to watch. Paying a little homage to TOS is cool - Ripping them off isn't. I think we are on the verge of serious character development and a more detailed fleshing out of our heros with this trilogy.

RE: Ship Construction: The ship is built on Earth and probably assembled in orbit... Port of call is "San Francisco" on the bridge plaque. The trailer makes sense.

RE: "Enterprise" demise... I don't think the series was what any of us expected. Although the production quality was top notch as far as set design and CGI effects, it lost a piece of Star Trek in translation... The moral aspect was virtually empty and the stories depended too much on science fiction and not enough on the human condition. The adventure inside the future of the human condition is why we all love Star Trek. Berman failed to recreate it with success and he even tried to distance himself from "Star Trek" until he realized what a marketing mistake this was and then conceded to add Star Trek to the title credits in the second season.

I find merit in all incarnations of Star Trek but the feeling I get when watching TOS and Movies 1-6 has yet to be recaptured or rekindled in any other Star Trek franchise; in this TOS is unique. However, Star Trek can be likened to sex and pizza even when bad -- it is still pretty good. Afterall, I am still watching...

Last edited by rhacker382 : 02-11-2008 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukalakana View Post
Stargate
Buffy

-------------------------

As to the idea being proposed by this thread. Well... Let's see what the movie's like first.
Thank you, I knew there had to be a couple, and you pick the most successful too :-) LOL!

- Some random bloke that clearly took a lot of shortcuts
Old 02-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacker382 View Post
As long as Berman isn't involved and they ditch that temporal cold war crap... I would be on board for ENT return... I am not particularly fond of the Quantum Leapster as Captain though...

IT could be easily feasible that the first UFP President was Archer himself, so a new captain wouldnt be a bad way to start :-)

- Some random bloke that clearly took a lot of shortcuts
Old 02-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by chekov1701 View Post
If this movie rakes in the cash, the cast will proberly sign on for another three movies or so.
It's standard now to sign the principal cast to a three-film deal option, especially with such franchise or high-profile films. They're already signed on, it only depends on the new film succeeding for them to continue their roles.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!