The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > New TV series starring new movie cast?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2008, 05:55 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksdomain View Post
If I were to choose something for a sequel, I would not go with another pre-tos, nor a post TNG, DS9, VOY story, but an ENT story line. Now, don't diss this idea till you've heard me out here. Think about it! Since TOS, we've heard about the Human-Romulan Wars, but we've never seen them. I was very much dissapointed cause that story was supposed to take place during Archers time, but thank's to the numnut who got ENT canned, they never made it that far. If J.J. does a kickass job with this movie, I'll hope he signs up for this idea here.
As long as Berman isn't involved and they ditch that temporal cold war crap... I would be on board for ENT return... I am not particularly fond of the Quantum Leapster as Captain though...
Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanksdomain View Post
If I were to choose something for a sequel, I would not go with another pre-tos, nor a post TNG, DS9, VOY story, but an ENT story line. Now, don't diss this idea till you've heard me out here. Think about it! Since TOS, we've heard about the Human-Romulan Wars, but we've never seen them. I was very much dissapointed cause that story was supposed to take place during Archers time, but thank's to the numnut who got ENT canned, they never made it that far. If J.J. does a kickass job with this movie, I'll hope he signs up for this idea here.
I love this idea, but doesn't it count as pre-TOS?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf359 View Post
I'm struggling to think of movies that spawned TV series. With respect of Trek, TOS came first, to spawn the movies, then TNG to spawn Generations et al.
Stargate
Buffy

-------------------------

As to the idea being proposed by this thread. Well... Let's see what the movie's like first.
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Ensign

I've always fancied the idea of a Christopher Pike and crew series.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Midshipman

I can't see another prequel series being made after the Enterprise cancellation.
Too much Canon-Busting and Time-Line-Watching.

Perhaps if there is a Reboot, but I can't see Star Trek being rebooted in the way Batman has been.
For a start the comic book world is full of alternate universes and revisions and issue zeroes and so on. It suits Reboots.
Star Trek has never been like that. The slightest glimmer of alteration to canon has always caused a planet-destroying explosion of crazed proportions amongst us fans.

Having said that, who knows though? Anythings possible, I guess.

I would think movies are more likely if this one is popular.
Old 02-11-2008, 02:02 AM
Ensign

I think if this movie is the hit they expect it to be there will almost undoubtedly be another series; however, that series will not be about the new movie's crew. They'll be too busy making the sequels. Assuming this movie does in fact reboot the franchise -- and I believe it will whether that's what J.J. & Co. are saying or not -- the new series will follow the adventures of another crew in the rebooted universe. I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited by Captain Tightpants : 02-11-2008 at 02:03 AM. Reason: OCD
Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 AM
Midshipman

Post Some interesting points

Well, As I hope this movie is a big success under the helm of J.J., let's look at facts. If they do decide to do a new series, it most likely would not include this huge cast. Big name actors like Karl and John would most likely demand a high salary which would blow the budget. Most of the series are played by new or little known actors. Sometimes you can get lucky and get a Patrick, or an Avery or Scott to play the Captain.

I agree, to do a series pre TOS would be difficult. Possibly bringing back Enterprise is an option, but a lot of feelings were hurt over that cancellation. Now what about jumping Trek further into the future like they did with TNG? Maybe around the 26th century or heck 20 years post Voy? There is still the Beta quadrant to explore as well as a good chunk of Gamma. Or dare I suggest it, Andomeda galaxy. Remember, we met the Kelvans who were from there. I also had the idea of a darker period for the Federation. A Federation that has been invaded and nearly destroyed. Starfleet officers fighting a resistance type of fight. Or perhaps a Federation Civil War. (Wouldn't that be fun!!!) I'm sure many of you have had plenty of ideas like this over the years. That way they can still keep established cannon and background but introduce new ideas and technology. If the movie is a huge success and JJ is interested, I'd say he'd be the perfect replacement for Berman.

Last edited by eonefireemt3 : 02-11-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:12 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire_of_gothos View Post
I've always fancied the idea of a Christopher Pike and crew series.

Not a bad idea. However, not sure if this is bad or good, but we already know how the series would end.

Pike would end up in that wheelchair thing.

Would knowing the end of the series take away from the show?
Old 02-11-2008, 04:29 AM
Ensign

The Actors are signed on to do three movies - if this is a success then we can expect more movies rather than a jump back into TV - it'll be years until new Star Trek returns to TV i think

The Future Begins
Old 02-11-2008, 05:51 AM
Midshipman

Post Re: New Series

I think that if they try to be TOS it'll kill them. The last two series tryed SO hard to be TOS...but it sounds like a cool idea.