The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > OMG this movie is going to be a fricking hit...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhands View Post
Well my wife is like the most anti-Scifi person you will ever meet. Shes such a Sex and the city/All my children kind of women . I let her watch the 1st & 2nd trailers and she was like bleh, but then the 3rd trailer came out and I dont know what she saw in it but shes all about going with me to see it now. I did joke with her about dressing up and got a swift kick in the shins though :P

Greyhands
Sometimes, we tend to push our luck, don't we? LOL!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Sometimes, we tend to push our luck, don't we? LOL!
If you can't push your luck then what is the point of living? No one ever got anywhere that was worth while by not pressing their luck to achieve it.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
If you can't push your luck then what is the point of living? No one ever got anywhere that was worth while by not pressing their luck to achieve it.
LOL! It's when those knees press against thy groin that pushing one's luck becomes a risky proposition.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
LOL! It's when those knees press against thy groin that pushing one's luck becomes a risky proposition.
Well like the main man said: "Risk is our business... That is why we are out here...That is why we're aboard her."
Old 03-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
Well like the main man said: "Risk is our business... That is why we are out here...That is why we're aboard her."
And another famous man said: "Get the horses! Get the chariots! Get me an ice pack!"

Old 03-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Lieutenant

all my friends (and their partners) at work are all going, many of which have never been interested in star trek. ive been on about tis film for so long they are all now curious. ive shown them all the trailers as they have come out and they seem really excitied and impressed by it.
starbase Britain
Old 03-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
if i were a woman i would have fell in love with pine
If I were a man I would have fell in love with Zoe, Wait, wait, wait I am a man and I did fall in love with Zoe. (looks behind him and says) Stop hitting me aghhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
High drama: KHHAAANN !!!
Heroics: how often did Kirk save the universe?

Dumb action and lots of explosions did not make Nemesis a succesful movie and I seriously doubt that you put 150 million bucks in a project just to repeat a mistake.

I'm talking more about, McCoy: Oh no! We have no captain and no first officer to take his place!

Kirk: Yeah, we do... (not believing what he's about to do, he takes the command chair while observing himself as though a great transformation is about to occur akin to Captain Marvel or Thor, and Kirk the rebelious underachiever now becomes Kirk the hero we all know, while everyone else around him simply allows him while they are all in awe of the moment: The Messiah has come!!! <cue dramatic music>)

I know I'm setting myself up for major ridicule here but... I have to say, that scene turned my stomach.

Again, sorry.
Old 03-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
I'm talking more about, McCoy: Oh no! We have no captain and no first officer to take his place!

Kirk: Yeah, we do... (not believing what he's about to do, he takes the command chair while observing himself as though a great transformation is about to occur akin to Captain Marvel or Thor, and Kirk the rebelious underachiever now becomes Kirk the hero we all know, while everyone else around him simply allows him while they are all in awe of the moment: The Messiah has come!!! <cue dramatic music>)

I know I'm setting myself up for major ridicule here but... I have to say, that scene turned my stomach.

Again, sorry.
I see your point...but then again we are watching a brand of "space opera" just as Star wars was... Remember Luke Skywalker nursing his severed limb. Screamin no that is impossible to his newly discovere father Darth Vader? And how he tossed himself to the wind valiantly, to avoid becoming a pawn of the the Emporer? High Drama indeed yet we ate it up as movie goers. Nothing new with the scene from Trek. Just my opinion.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Lieutenant

We're assuming those lines of dialogue are actually going together...

It could end up being more akin to the scene in the 40k comic, Titan, where the Titan Commander dies, and they have to plug in the cadet because he's the only one with the necessary training and interface jacks. Believe me, the cadet isn't confident before the plug in at all.