The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > OMG this movie is going to be a fricking hit...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Lieutenant

Default OMG this movie is going to be a fricking hit...

That's what my trek hating sister said to me tonight. She and some of her to cool for trek friends saw the new trailer and went nuts, their new catch phrase is "fire everthing." These 40 something clubhoppers are going nuts over Nero. When I asked about Kirk or Spock they just said "oh yea their cute too."

Last edited by only1jamest : 03-09-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1jamest View Post
That's what my trek hating sister said to me tonight. She and some of her to cool for trek friends saw the new trailer and went nuts, their new catch phrase is "fire everthing." These 40 something clubhoppers are going nuts over Nero. When I asked about Kirk or Spock they just said "of yea their cute too."
Ricardo was pretty good looking for his age in TWOK too.

Did...I just say that out loud?
Old 03-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
That's what my trek hating sister said to me tonight. She and some of her to cool for trek friends saw the new trailer and went nuts, their new catch phrase is "fire everthing." These 40 something clubhoppers are going nuts over Nero. When I asked about Kirk or Spock they just said "of yea their cute too."
Yeah, I know what you mean. My siblings never cared anything about Star Trek but after my sister saw the last trailer, she asked to go with me when we see the movie.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtsRuS View Post
Ricardo was pretty good looking for his age in TWOK too.

Did...I just say that out loud?
Yea and now it's in cyberspace and you can never take it back.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:54 PM
Commander

Quote:
Yea and now it's in cyberspace and you can never take it back.
dun-dun-duuuuun
Old 03-09-2009, 07:01 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Ya, I belong to a certain "Anonymous" group....lol, and 15 of us went to see "Watchmen". When that trailer showed, all of them were like "WOOOOO" We are talking the same kind of people...too cool for Trek, but they are siked to see it. By the way, when ever I can throw a plug in about Watchmen, I do, it was horrible, save your money.

my lug nuts require more torque than your honda puts out
Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister2 View Post
Ya, I belong to a certain "Anonymous" group....lol, and 15 of us went to see "Watchmen". When that trailer showed, all of them were like "WOOOOO" We are talking the same kind of people...too cool for Trek, but they are siked to see it. By the way, when ever I can throw a plug in about Watchmen, I do, it was horrible, save your money.

OMG your signiture is great. I had a guy pull up beside me in a Honda once wanting to race. Let get me me on the start, then passed him (in my F150 5.0) like he was setting still. As we went by by my friend yelled "should-a had a v8
Old 03-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
These 40 something clubhoppers are going nuts over Nero. When I asked about Kirk or Spock they just said "oh yea their cute too."
I'm 40 and I find Nero to be absolutely repulsive... I would gladly bed the new Kirk, though...

Ooops... Did I just say that out loud?!

Old 03-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
OMG your signiture is great. I had a guy pull up beside me in a Honda once wanting to race. Let get me me on the start, then passed him (in my F150 5.0) like he was setting still. As we went by by my friend yelled "should-a had a v8
yes, i just hate the honda driver who thinks it's a baseline for a sports car....turns my stomach.

my lug nuts require more torque than your honda puts out
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Oh, I like Nero. Very cool. Bana never looked so good. He finally looks like an adult! Of course my personal favorite in the new cast is Quinto. He has the most beautiful eyes. (gush, gush)

But back on topic, yes, I think Star Trek will be huge. Audiences are hungry for a great story with a good heart. Too many movies are SO cynical. Star Trek has always had a wide eyed innocence about it that is adorable yet is what makes it vunerable to attack.

I really can't think of anyone of my friends or family that I wouldn't take to see this movie.... regardless of age or taste.