The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Who Do You Think Will Be / Should Be At The Premiere?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default Who Do You Think Will Be / Should Be At The Premiere?

Im thinking it would be great if every major cast member from all the Trek series are at the premiere. Im talking everyone! (TOS,TNG,DS9,VOY and ofcourse all the cast from Enterprise).

Afterall this is somewhat of a re-birth of the franchise and I think it would be excellent for it to be a kind of Trek reunion, passing the batton on to the new guys. It would also make for some excellent group photos!

The big question is.... will Shatner be there after his 'issues' with this movie as we all well know!

On a side note I think that maybe having the 'red' carpet in blue and gold would be a nice touch!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Certainly everyone associated with TOS. Not just the cast but the writers, editors, directors, if any are still alive. Too often only the actors get the big invites.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:43 AM
Vice Admiral

i bet shatner will shed a tear after the closing credits
Old 03-08-2009, 11:21 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Not that I care, but I still think Shats in. I think it will be a small piece. The online back and forth with JJ and Shat seemed off to me and JJ is famous for this stuff. When shat was asked if he had seen the trailer and said no...is it any good? Sorry BS alert. It also brings buzz to the flick.... it can be perceived as negative until the reveal. I say this also as I see they are also making the effort to not show Nimoy in the trailers. There is a reason for it.

I am not concerned if hes in or out but will he be at the premier?

Old 03-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by R23 View Post
Im thinking it would be great if every major cast member from all the Trek series are at the premiere. Im talking everyone! (TOS,TNG,DS9,VOY and ofcourse all the cast from Enterprise).
Quote:
Originally Posted by R23 View Post

Afterall this is somewhat of a re-birth of the franchise and I think it would be excellent for it to be a kind of Trek reunion, passing the batton on to the new guys. It would also make for some excellent group photos!

The big question is.... will Shatner be there after his 'issues' with this movie as we all well know!

On a side note I think that maybe having the 'red' carpet in blue and gold would be a nice touch!
If It were up to me as to who would be invited to the premiere, I'd invite everybody who's ever taken part in Trek in days past and present. This would have to be done in a big autitorium, because I'd invite everybody from the actors, to directors, to make-up artists, to the people who served coffee and donuts in between takes. I'd just make it a come one, come all kind of event.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:42 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhaige View Post
Look at this pic when he says " Yeah we do" and the pic where he sits in the chair. The top scar is still slightly seen but where is the lower one? Perhaps these 2 scenes are not back to back as they would seem to show in the trailer. Just sayin....

Are you sure that you want this post here? Just sayin'...

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 03-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA-1842 View Post
Are you sure that you want this post here? Just sayin'...
Yeah I did post in the wrong thread...good catch....sorry

Old 03-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Captain

I agree that it should not be limited to the actors but should extend to the production staff, and no be limited to the current film but extended to Trek of all past generatons. That'd have to be a pretty big auditorium, but then again just as with any party there will always be people who don't show up.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Captain

I fear that egos are much too large and fragile to get all of Trekdom together for a premire. I do think it would be a wonderful thing to get the casts from all the movies/series together, but it would have to be for an appreciation for Roddenberry or something like that. I remember back when Generations was in the works and the first news that leaked was that the movie would be 1 hour for the entire cast of TOS and an hour for TNG. Nimoy was going to direct and I remember thinking how great it would be. Everything started to crumble so that we ended up with Checkov as a doctor! Every time I watch that movie I think of how much better it would have been if?????? It's a good idea but, not likely.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:44 PM
Rear Admiral

Who cares about the actors, I want to go to the Premiere.