The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Comments & Suggestions > New forum or subforum when the movie is out?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Lieutenant

i'm not detecting any andorian.... or vulcan
Old 04-11-2009, 03:32 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizadolots View Post
heh...who knows what she is though?
some of us do imagine

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 04-11-2009, 01:13 PM
Lieutenant Commander

I agree with Eliza, I want the suspense, the romance, too...but you do need to leave some things to be discovered, or it loses that "Special Feeling"

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!
Old 04-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
heh...who knows what she is though?
True, I don't know definitions. I just know what I like.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 04-11-2009, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Fran, I agree that there are things that should not be revealed until "the big night"....it doesn't do to have all the goodies displayed and reviewed before the action sequence starts.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:54 AM
Rear Admiral

Eliza, how are you handling the excitment of the immenence of our next great Trek? For the past year I've sorta kept it tucked away in a compartment in some secure section of my brain (more or less) but now That Metal Beastie is This Ga-Ga Beastie! And I'm loving it! Our next great Trek just may be the greatest Trek ever!

Oh yeah, about a year ago feeling a little fatalistic I expressed concern about the possiblity of my dying before getting a chance to see the new movie. You promised to kill me if I were to do such a thing (again thanks). Hopefully you won't need to keep your word on that one!

3.5 weeks, approx. WHOO-HOOO!!!

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'

Last edited by That Metal Beastie : 04-12-2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 AM
Lieutenant Commander

One of the first things I asked the new boyfriend, was whether he would take me to see this movie...that was 5 months ago...he does not know this, but it's a good thing he said yes, or I might not have a boyfriend....guess how long we've been a couple?

Proud Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab!!
Old 04-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Admiral

LOL at Fran! That's so funny....

I'm fortunate in that not only have I been married for almost 18 years, we were "movie going friends" for 8 years before that, so he's been to a whole bunch of "first nights" of Star Trek with me (including Generations when I was very pregnant and daughter really did not appreciate the loud sound effects).

Metal Beastie, I'm again fortunate in that both my husband and my now taller than me daughter are as obsessive as I am and so understand it....they tease me, but they understand it (they do the **geek** fake cough a lot). I'm freely demanding we buy Kellogg's products and planning weeks of dining at Burger King....they'll go along for the ride. I'm grabbing toys at Wal Mart and loudly expressing a wish that the smaller Spock Prime would vibrate without anyone doing more than s******...that's good, right?

I'm assuming there's no reason for me to kill you this close to the release, right? You're going to manage to not die for a few more weeks! I'm infinitely glad of that, by the way.

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 04-14-2009, 05:14 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
LOL at Fran! That's so funny....

I'm fortunate in that not only have I been married for almost 18 years, we were "movie going friends" for 8 years before that, so he's been to a whole bunch of "first nights" of Star Trek with me (including Generations when I was very pregnant and daughter really did not appreciate the loud sound effects).

Metal Beastie, I'm again fortunate in that both my husband and my now taller than me daughter are as obsessive as I am and so understand it....they tease me, but they understand it (they do the **geek** fake cough a lot). I'm freely demanding we buy Kellogg's products and planning weeks of dining at Burger King....they'll go along for the ride. I'm grabbing toys at Wal Mart and loudly expressing a wish that the smaller Spock Prime would vibrate without anyone doing more than s******...that's good, right?

I'm assuming there's no reason for me to kill you this close to the release, right? You're going to manage to not die for a few more weeks! I'm infinitely glad of that, by the way.
You are fortunate to have an understanding family around you. As to a smaller vibrating Spock Prime?(ahem, I won't go there...fanfic!)
But yeah, things are going well. It looks like I'm going to make it to May 8. I'm counting on these words not ultimately proving to be ironic.

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 04-14-2009, 11:00 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraviik View Post
i'm not detecting any andorian.... or vulcan
Love the sig!

J.J. "Binks" Abrams is taking over sci-fi!
Fans Expendable