The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > SPOILER: New Countdown 3&4 Interview
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Captain

Default SPOILER: New Countdown 3&4 Interview

Here it is:

http://trekmovie.com/2009/03/03/wondercon-2009-idw-panel-report-exclusive-interview-with-countdown-writers/

Clears up where the TNG cast rumors came from!

VERY in-depth...all kinds of good stuff in there! Including them wanting to possibly tell the Data-B4 story someday (sounds like comic format though, no movie!).

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Captain

I love this story!!! It also clears up the timeline. I am so anxious to get the other 2 parts, sounds like the wheel really gets spinning!
Old 03-04-2009, 06:53 PM
Lieutenant

whats with all this worrying about the frsking time-line? hullo we've changed time-lines before remember the last episode of voyager? how about all that messing around that the future people did with past crews of the enterprise and voyager? the time line is a pretty frsking resilient beast it likes to correct itself in these stories and even if it doesn't most of the time it changes for the better. I for one welcome our new time-line changing overlords. (+250 non-existent imaginary points if you know that reference)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Captain

The last episode of Voyager didn't affect the time that we knew....it affected the "future", which to us the viewer hadn't happened yet.

How Countdown is tying into the new movie is very relevant to what the director/producers are trying to do with Trek....

And Beetlescott, I agree....it really does get you wanting more NOW!!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Captain

The future that we saw in Endgame didn't happen, because, as we know, Voyager got home several years earlier!!! So that future would have been different. Tuvok Lived, Chakotay didn't die. ...
Old 03-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Lieutenant

exactly. they presented us with one future then went back and changed it. would you have gotten attached to that future if they had built an entire series around it that they then erased or changed by going back in time?
Old 03-05-2009, 05:38 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sraviik View Post
exactly. they presented us with one future then went back and changed it. would you have gotten attached to that future if they had built an entire series around it that they then erased or changed by going back in time?
Probably....and that is why some TOS fans do not like the new movie. Damned if you do, damned if you don't....

Old 03-05-2009, 07:04 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraviik View Post
I for one welcome our new time-line changing overlords. (+250 non-existent imaginary points if you know that reference)
The Simpsons news guy, I can't remember his name.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Captain

Kent Brockman! Once you said "Simpsons" I got it....Nice!

Old 03-05-2009, 07:23 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

That's him.