The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Enterprise > I would love to see a new series...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default I would love to see a new series...

one which bridges the gap between Enterprise and TOS (and the new film).
It would be nice to see the birth of the Federation, the next generation of starships, and perhaps the next step in the evolution of the Starfleet uniform.
A few familiar faces would be nice too. Maybe an older T'Pol who has moved into an important position within the newly formed Federation. Or, of course, Jonathan Archer as a founding father.
Naturally, these would only be limited appearances as we all want to see a Star Trek series doing what Star Trek does best.... exploring.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Fleet Admiral

I think that the most interesting stories of the 22nd century to tell are the Earth-Romulan War and the forming of the Federation and alas, we won't see them after ENT is cancelled.
Although it is more likely that any TV Trek stuff in the near future, i.e. in the next decade, will be set in the 23rd century, I think that a series set in the late 23rd century, e.g. on one of the first Federation starships like the Daedalus class might still be interesting. Or something not set on a starship for change. Tieing it in too closely with a cancelled series sounds not so smart, on the other hand ENT might more popular in the next years.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Admiral

I always thought a non federation story would be cool. Follow a Klingon Ship some people to travel space but arent Federation a cargo ship or Civilian science vessel.
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Old 03-02-2009, 09:14 AM
Vice Admiral

I always though ant Ent based mini-series would be great. One that deals with the Romulan war. I don't think an entirely new series set in that pre-TOS timeframe is a good idea.

I also don't see how ANYTHING Trek based can avoid a being set, at least partly, on a Starship. Look at DS9. It was kind of boring up until they went out to explore on their own, first in runabouts, then the Defiant.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I could see Enterprise returning for a new season if this movie is a success. The cast is still young enough to continue on and there is still plenty of ground to cover for a bridge into TOS era movies. I think we can safely assume all Trek comes after First Contact. I hope there will be an Enterprise miniseries covering the Romulan War if not an entirely new season.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:37 AM
Rear Admiral

Dream on my friend, ain't happenin'. Even if the movie makes Dark Knight bucks the only thing its going to lead to is another movie. Its going to be quite a while before we see trek on tv again. And even then it'll be unlikely we'll see an Enterprise revival. IMHO

Thomas Pynchon
'GRAVITY'S RAINBOW'
Old 03-04-2009, 05:20 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
Dream on my friend, ain't happenin'. Even if the movie makes Dark Knight bucks the only thing its going to lead to is another movie. Its going to be quite a while before we see trek on tv again. And even then it'll be unlikely we'll see an Enterprise revival. IMHO

Though I'd love to see ENT come back....the fans just aren't there. And what is there is split. IF.....it came back....or something like it---you'd have to pull a BSG. Edgy rewriting and better written....

And don't get me wrong....I loved ENT. The characters all still seem like friends. Keep buying the books, though...that never stopped...so there is that!!!!!
Old 03-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Midshipman

Would someone tell me why the Romulans in Enterprise are wearing The Uniforms from Nemesis?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Is that hidden Temporal Cold War guy who controls the Suliban Nero? LOL I watched all four seasons and is it just me or is his identity never discovered?
Old 03-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Metal Beastie View Post
true that, i think they killed enterprise by bringing back the fugly "timeless design of the original constitution class starship" it was to glaringly white, old and overpowered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gam26 View Post
Would someone tell me why the Romulans in Enterprise are wearing The Uniforms from Nemesis?
because they realized that the old TOS uniforms for the Romulans where ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul4510 View Post
Is that hidden Temporal Cold War guy who controls the Suliban Nero? LOL I watched all four seasons and is it just me or is his identity never discovered?
well.... we never did have time in the series to figure that out due to the idiots who complained about how non-canon enterprise was and then left it out to dry just because a couple episodes didn't fit their aesthetically challenged little minds. (wahhhh they completely erased my perfectly cannon time-line, brought in a new ship, messed with other civilizations and made peace with the Klingons before kirk could kick their sorry little ... uh ... behinds)

I would be perfectly happy to have a brand new Star Trek The Series based on TOS but updated bigtime with the new kirk, spock, et al. oh and don't forget that flashy new enterprise!