The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Literature > Novels, Novellas, Short Stories > Film novelisation
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chator View Post
It seems Leonard Nimoy has a thing with jumping between universes. The Season finale of FRINGE has Leonard Nimoy playing William Bell, a scientist who is hidding in an Alternate Universe from a man who is out to kill him in the Actual universe. Nice hiding spot, don't you think?
DAMN YOU CHATOR!!!! I'm 3 episodes behind in Fringe!!LOL! Oh well..I'll pretend I didn't hear/see that!!!

And I don't think it falls into a Prime Directive type-thingy. We know that the prime timeline continues...therefore, it is not a temporal incursion.

However, it is a temporal incursion in another universe. Then again, it could just be a branch of the prime timeline that didn't exist until the Narada & Spock made the jump....

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Federation Councillor

We might see how it all pans out over the next few films - but if I was Spock, I would be wary of giving humans toys and details of the future they may not be ready for.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-15-2009, 07:57 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
We might see how it all pans out over the next few films - but if I was Spock, I would be wary of giving humans toys and details of the future they may not be ready for.
But it is going to be a different future...whatever he tells them doesn't mean anything!

Kind of like future Janeway in "Endgame", and Picard with his time jumping in "All Good Things".

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:12 PM
Federation Councillor

But he still has immense power within that knowledge. Depending on how events in this universe goes - it might mean nothing, or everything.

If even political situations differ, he could give them more advanced weaponry, sensor systems, all kinds of little Pandora's Box stuff.

courtesy of Saquist
Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
But he still has immense power within that knowledge. Depending on how events in this universe goes - it might mean nothing, or everything.

If even political situations differ, he could give them more advanced weaponry, sensor systems, all kinds of little Pandora's Box stuff.
Somehow, I suspect sharing his knowledge of what will happen in the future seems more likely to consist of things like letting them know about Romulus' fate, for instance, and maybe the fact that the Borg exist (they may be able to save Soren & Guinan's planet, thereby negating the events of Generations AND Kirk's extended death; I've forgotten when exactly it was assimilated by the Borg). Advanced weapons, possibly, but I only see him giving that info out to someone he trusts implicitly so it can be used in case of emergency only. He can't simply wait forever on his own; he's an old man now (his human blood preventing him from having quite as long a life as a full-blooded Vulcan). And I think he would feel he MUST do it since he obviously felt so guilty about being too late to save Romulus the first time.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 AM
Federation Councillor

Perhaps.

At this point, I'm not entirely sure we may be done with Spock Prime. The Vulcan story is far from over (since they started it, it would be very bad to ignore it from now on) so I'm not fully convinced we may never see him again.

courtesy of Saquist