The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek Xi Has An Opening Crawl :)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2009, 10:58 AM
radoskal's Avatar
radoskal radoskal is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 952
Default Star Trek Xi Has An Opening Crawl :)

Not to add fuel to the fire but with all this talk of Star Trek and Star Wars and canon and non canon and JJ being a this and a that, and blagh I just couldn't get this out of my head.



STAR TREK

EPISODE XI: A NEW CANON

It is a Period of Civil War
Purist forum members striking
From a hidden thread, have
won their first victory
against the "evil" Revisionist
Empire

During the battle purist
spies managed to steal
secret photos of the Revisionist's
Ultimate weapon, the
NEW ENTERPRISE, an armored
space ship with enough
power to destroy an entire
continuity.

Pursued by the Revisionists
sinister agents (insert name of
prominent purist here) races home aboard his
starship, custodian of the
stolen images that can save
his fandom and restore
canon to the galaxy.....


Ok now that that's out of my head I can get on to actual posting. Please don't take offense to one side being the Empire or the Rebellion or what have you and if you really want me to explain my reasoning, beyond just having a bit of creative fun. I can...See if you can come up with your own, maybe for the other "wars" films.

(now that I think about it, perhaps I should move this to off topic)

__________________
Mom, how many times do I have to tell you, Track is what athletes run on. Trek is what the Enterprise goes on.
__________________
Mom, how many times do I have to tell you, Track is what athletes run on. Trek is what the Enterprise goes on.

-Free Enterprise
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 AM
CAPTAIN MOUSE's Avatar
CAPTAIN MOUSE CAPTAIN MOUSE is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Placerville,CA
Posts: 2,564
Post

That is funny...I don't agree with it ...but it is really funny. Bravo
__________________
CAN YOU CATCH SECOND HAND STUPIDITY? OR SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE WATER HERE? - JEFF DUNHAM
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2009, 11:05 AM
radoskal's Avatar
radoskal radoskal is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 952
Default

Thanks!, all in good fun
__________________
Mom, how many times do I have to tell you, Track is what athletes run on. Trek is what the Enterprise goes on.

-Free Enterprise
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by radoskal View Post
Not to add fuel to the fire but with all this talk of Star Trek and Star Wars and canon and non canon and JJ being a this and a that, and blagh I just couldn't get this out of my head.



STAR TREK

EPISODE XI: A NEW CANON

It is a Period of Civil War
Purist forum members striking
From a hidden thread, have
won their first victory
against the "evil" Revisionist
Empire

During the battle purist
spies managed to steal
secret photos of the Revisionist's
Ultimate weapon, the
NEW ENTERPRISE, an armored
space ship with enough
power to destroy an entire
continuity.

Pursued by the Revisionists
sinister agents (insert name of
prominent purist here) races home aboard his
starship, custodian of the
stolen images that can save
his fandom and restore
canon to the galaxy.....


Ok now that that's out of my head I can get on to actual posting. Please don't take offense to one side being the Empire or the Rebellion or what have you and if you really want me to explain my reasoning, beyond just having a bit of creative fun. I can...See if you can come up with your own, maybe for the other "wars" films.

(now that I think about it, perhaps I should move this to off topic)

__________________
Mom, how many times do I have to tell you, Track is what athletes run on. Trek is what the Enterprise goes on.

....SO bad.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
CAPTAIN MOUSE's Avatar
CAPTAIN MOUSE CAPTAIN MOUSE is offline
Rear Admiral
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Placerville,CA
Posts: 2,564
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
....SO bad.
yes yet clever
__________________
CAN YOU CATCH SECOND HAND STUPIDITY? OR SHOULD I BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE WATER HERE? - JEFF DUNHAM
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-28-2009, 12:25 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Star Trek XI...


War! The purist army, led by
the nefarious (insert prominent
purist voice here) has spread
the forces of the revisionist
movement thin. Evil is everywhere.
There are heroes on both sides.

In a stunning move, the canonite
leader, the fiendish (insert secondary
prominent purist here) has swept
into Paramount studios, and
captured Leonard Nimoy, the one voice
that is believed that all fans of Star
Trek should listen to in this time of
creative crisis.

Desperate to put a swift end to the
war, the Revisionist council have dispatched
three daring warriors to rescue
Leonard Nimoy. (However, it ain't Zardoz,
Fawkes, and Jed Starkiller).....
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Jed Starkiller's Avatar
Jed Starkiller Jed Starkiller is offline
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 4,515
Default

Awsome! Thats funny!
__________________
"VOTE ZARDOZ/MENHEIM IN 2012"
Vice Floating God Head
Patron of Eliza's Avatar Lab
Founding member of The League of Extraordinary Oddballs
A new tech support site http://www.community.jvgeek.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-28-2009, 01:04 PM
buffs79's Avatar
buffs79 buffs79 is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere over the rainbow
Posts: 953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
Star Trek XI...


War! The purist army, led by
the nefarious (insert prominent
purist voice here) has spread
the forces of the revisionist
movement thin. Evil is everywhere.
There are heroes on both sides.

In a stunning move, the canonite
leader, the fiendish (insert secondary
prominent purist here) has swept
into Paramount studios, and
captured Leonard Nimoy, the one voice
that is believed that all fans of Star
Trek should listen to in this time of
creative crisis.

Desperate to put a swift end to the
war, the Revisionist council have dispatched
three daring warriors to rescue
Leonard Nimoy. (However, it ain't Zardoz,
Fawkes, and Jed Starkiller).....
This one is "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" movie style! XD
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 PM
martok2112's Avatar
martok2112 martok2112 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: River Ridge, LA
Posts: 6,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffs79 View Post
This one is "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" movie style! XD
LOL! Although the crawl is meant to be taken from Ep. III, I can definitely hear it with the cartoon movie narrator's voice.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-28-2009, 01:10 PM
MissionTrek08's Avatar
MissionTrek08 MissionTrek08 is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 5,562
Default

Galactically good humor, people!
__________________

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK


Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:23 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.