The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Possible solution for Cannon issues ?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Ensign

Default Possible solution for Cannon issues ?

(an maybe just Cannon Fodder)

The Xindi Arc from Season three, and the temporal cold war (In addition to Nero screwing with the time line).

To my knowledge, the attack wasn't supposed to happen; AND the timeline was never restepped back into to be righted. Who's to say that 7 million dead didn't change Starfleet future a little bit.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcs23576 View Post
(an maybe just Cannon Fodder)

The Xindi Arc from Season three, and the temporal cold war (In addition to Nero screwing with the time line).

To my knowledge, the attack wasn't supposed to happen; AND the timeline was never restepped back into to be righted. Who's to say that 7 million dead didn't change Starfleet future a little bit.
Quick Run! Maybe the purists have not seen this thread and you still have a chance to get out unscathed!!lol
Old 01-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Rear Admiral

P.S. Welcome to the forum
Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
Quick Run! Maybe the purists have not seen this thread and you still have a chance to get out unscathed!!lol
Old 01-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

man, I need to get into "Enterprise" to see what all this nonsense is about!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:33 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
Bring the Purists On.

Actually, I am probably one of the biggest trekkers out there (but arent we all), and consider myself not a purist, but a pure fun.

I know there are a lot of Enterprise bashers out there, but I enjoy it. Hell, it has gotten my wife into Star Trek, and she wouldn't even give ST a first look before.

I know Enterprise has stretched cannon a bit, but what series hasn't. Heck even TOS, and the first few movies had contradicted themselves.

Anyways, this is just my two cents. Feel free to rip my theory apart if you like.

Thanks for the welcome Caption Mouse. I have been reading the boards a while, just havent had to to comment yet.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:37 PM
Fleet Admiral

I think Enterprise has been screwing around with history before it was even on the air.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Fleet Admiral

Enterprise is better now than it was when it originally aired. Back then, I thought it disregarded TOS too much, but now I have a better appreciation of it. Plenty of good stories, action, and nifty references to the other series. Overall, Enterprise was better than DS9 or Voyager.

As for the TCW being an explanation for the canon problems, I'm doubtful that we'll see a bunch Enterprise references to begin with.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Captain

ENTERPRISE?! RRRRAAAAWWRRRRRR!!! (Because it was expected. )

It's not really a bad theory, except that by Season 4, the new guy at the reins b**ch-slapped it into the direction of being the TOS prequel is was initially pitched as, so from Enterprise Season 4 onward that theory wouldn't work.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
ENTERPRISE?! RRRRAAAAWWRRRRRR!!! (Because it was expected. )

It's not really a bad theory, except that by Season 4, the new guy at the reins b**ch-slapped it into the direction of being the TOS prequel is was initially pitched as, so from Enterprise Season 4 onward that theory wouldn't work.
Manny Coto did a really good job with that...it's too bad it was I guess too little too late.