The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Color/Style of Enterprise weapons?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2009, 01:08 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by horatio View Post
UFP Starfleet includes militarical duties, probably because the UFP was shortly founded after the Eart-Romulan War.
Earth Starfleet was a little naive about meeting only nice people in space, that's why at once they needed the help of the military in the Xindi crisis. But given that experience and the incooperation of the military in space agencies of the Vulcans and Andorians, my best guess is that UFP Starfleet is an 'all under one roof organization'. Besides Section 31 of course
In the US Navy, Marine Security Forces are stationed aboard carries and amphibious ships while other ships form and train there own Security Forces. The difference being that when a security alert is called on ships with a MCSF those marines become instant fanatics and can scare the frack out of you While Navy SF members look up at the 1MC (intercom for you civies) and say “Frack you the movie is on.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triblfied View Post
First off, what color of weapons would you like to see? In TOS and TMP, the phasers were blue, but in TWoK, they were red....which color would you prefer? Also, the style of how the weapons are depicted changed quite a bit. Would you like to see the phasers and torpedoes as they appeared in TOS? Or would you like to see them as they appeared in TWoK, phasers being machine gun style and torpedoes being that ball of intense light? Or like the TNG era where the phasers are solid and more lazer-like? Personally, I would like to see TWoK phasers and torpedoes. I would also like to see blue phasers and red torpedoes.
Ive seen TMP 100+ times, but don't remember the ship ever firing phasers, just photons... Am I loosing my memory?
Old 01-26-2009, 03:55 AM
Ensign

I'll tell you one thing I don't want to see, is this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXa0cfaTlfk
Nice ship, but those phasers are so slow you could step out of the way when they were fired at you. LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Rear Admiral

The color of the phaser/torpedoes really does not make a lick of difference to me. As long as the end result can be pulled of and looks spectacular, that is all that matters to me.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Lieutenant

I would like to see purple phaser beams as compared to red or blue. Purple being on the far end of the visible color spectrum they would be much more powerful. As far as torpedo's they can do anything they want with them.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:39 PM
Rear Admiral

Arrrrrggh!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt. Fordman View Post
I would like to see purple phaser beams as compared to red or blue. Purple being on the far end of the visible color spectrum they would be much more powerful. As far as torpedo's they can do anything they want with them.

That's true, but if we're talking about energy with respect to wavelength, the most powerful beams of all are beyond the visible spectrum, though I agree that PURPLE would be really cool to see.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
Captain

Why not throw in a little teal, seafoam, or fuscia with the purple? What a lovely picture that would be....

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

As long as they're not green! This movie is going to take enough of a hit without something that simple being missed!

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Bright white solid line that takes a second to fade out. Think lightning that's had all the wrinkles ironed out of it. For the torpedoes, the normal reddish exhaust thing until about halfway to the target when you see a little warp flash as it accelerates toward its destination
But... but... but... CANON!

I jest. Sorry about that.

I'm guessing we'll see the Enterprise using red or blue-beamed phasers, and either orange or red torpedoes. Whichever way it goes, we can be fairly sure the two weapons will have different colours. If they even both get used... after all, The Wrath of Khan is the only one out of the first six movies where the Enterprise is seen to fire its phasers.

I guess I'd most like to see blue-beamed phasers. An intense blue beam, like a modernised version of the Original Series special effect. Preferably an unbroken beam, rather than the Star Wars-style pulsing discharge seen in Khan.

Old 01-27-2009, 05:18 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
Bright white solid line that takes a second to fade out. Think lightning that's had all the wrinkles ironed out of it. For the torpedoes, the normal reddish exhaust thing until about halfway to the target when you see a little warp flash as it accelerates toward its destination

I love the visual of the photon torpedo! Will you, or someone else out there, school this ol' hound about photon torpedoes (slightly off tiopic, sorry). Is it the impact or the yield that it's destructive power lies? If it's it's yield, I'd love to see the weapons crew at their stations configuring the torpedo before it's launched!

Just one of those Trek-sci things I've been curious about.