The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > ***important Vote For Star Trek ***
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2008, 02:41 AM
Ensign

I voted 4 James Bond, Its gotta get better then CR now he's bond he'll get his gadgets back hopefully
Old 02-09-2008, 04:44 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorned View Post
How can anyone seriosly vote for this "tiny toon" trek travesty? You people are going to be so disappointed.
I thought, I didn't just vote for Trek but merely for my most anticipated movie, which doesn't judge about charakteritics of this movie. But now, as I read this "trollish" post, some nerve was triggered in me and now I say with dignity:

"I voted for Trek."

... because it's Trek!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:56 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

That's another vote for Trek. I have to admit though that Indiana Jones comes pretty close! I was also surprised at the low score for Bond.
Old 02-09-2008, 05:10 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorned View Post
How can anyone seriosly vote for this "tiny toon" trek travesty? You people are going to be so disappointed.
i may not say things as eliquently as this person but let me start my comments this way..

i have been a star trek fan since i was 4 years old. im 32 now.

ive seen every episode ..... except Enterprise. i hated that series, it kinda turned me off from trek.....

as far as this movie goes, here is the premice that i read about.
Spock looks back on the old days when he meets Kirk in the acadamy.

wait a min... technicly spock should have already been serving on the enterprise under pike while kirk was still in the acadamy, or serving on another ship. i unfortunatly forsee the movie as a major continuity hole just like the ENTERPRISE series. thats what drove me away from watching trek.

the thing i loved the most about trek was that they kept the continutiy of the series as a whole. First contact was the first startrek movie to start breaking the continuity.

i think this movie will be no different. ill wait till its on DVD at walmart sorry guys
Old 02-09-2008, 06:45 AM
Midshipman

I voted Star trek.
As far as a sci-fi movie is good, loaded with talented actors ( go Zach!), showing good special effects and MOST OF ALL have an interesting and clever script, i anticipate pleasure on watching it..
Continuity or not, it's anticipation! And it's about games with Time and Space: That's exactly why i like this stuff: Everything can be possible.
So i keep an open mind and frankly, no, i can't expect a 21th century's movie to 'look like' or 'feel like' a 1960's series, as much as i liked it .
One day or another, while turning the pages of a beloved old book, you tear them up a bit...It's the effect of time passing by .
I hope that my english is ok, sorry, i'm french...
Old 02-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by leana View Post
I hope that my english is ok, sorry, i'm french...
I'm sorry...

no just kidding.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty80 View Post
That's another vote for Trek. I have to admit though that Indiana Jones comes pretty close! I was also surprised at the low score for Bond.
I think it was all the hype arround the CR people came away disappointed that it lost it's soul. I'm hoping that Bond will be back better then ever in the next one Q,Moneypenny, Gadgets, Explosions, One Liners, Car Chases et al.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Lieutenant Commander

voted 2 times
Old 02-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Commander

"Important" vote??
Old 02-09-2008, 12:11 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerMan View Post
How can anyone take your tiny toon posts seriously? All 1 of them?
Well, you responded. That's a good sign, right? In all seriousness though, what use is a comment like that? I use Marvin the Martian for a simple reason that I like to contribute something positive when I communicate with others--in this case, hopefully I may have brightened somebody's day. If somebody smiled when they saw my avatar, well then I met my objective. I love Star Trek, but I'm not here just for me.

Insults and attacks though, what does that do and for who? It may do something for you, but who did it help?

Think about it. I beleive you may benefit by giving it some sincere thought. Who did you put down today, and who did you lift up?

Last edited by SouthernSpockette : 02-09-2008 at 12:38 PM.