The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > The first twenty-five minutes...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-22-2009, 08:21 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Default The first twenty-five minutes...

Here is a article from The Movie Blog... or you can read it here http://www.themovieblog.com/2009/01/...inutes-of-trek

No, you don’t get to see it, but it appears the studio decided that to curb some of the dissenters they would treat select members of the media to an advanced screening of sorts.

25 minutes of the new Star Trek film was shown to select media and we have Jonathan Llyr from Hardcore Nerdity offers up his take on the whole thing here:
I’ve been skeptical about this movie from the beginning, but was trying to remain cautiously optimistic about the whole thing. I like Abrams, and never had any doubt that he would make a fine action picture. But would it be Star Trek?
The answer is - holy **** yes.
This movie is going to blown your brains out. I was gob-smacked at the production values, size and scope. All of the actors (with one notable exception) are bang on. I still have a few issues with the look of the bridge and the ship, but those issues have shifted to the background.
Since I haven’t yet seen the whole thing, I have no idea if the entire movie holds together. But from what I’ve seen, we are all going to have a great ride.
And man are you ever going to love Chekov. Never thought I would type that.
I wonder who the exception will be? Clearly not Chekov. I think considering how iconic each member of this cast is if only one is off I anticipate a lot of hate spilled in that direction.
I have been insanely hopeful for this movie and haven’t seen anything to take away from that. With any luck this 25 minute bit they were exposed to represents the whole movie.

Last edited by RonSalon : 01-22-2009 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Rear Admiral

Pretty much anyone who has seen parts of the movie have given it a ringing endorsment. Kevin Smith, Leonard Nimoy and his wife..ect. Given all the speculation one way or another ...I have been and will continue to be, very hopeful of the quality of this movie.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Fleet Admiral

God DANG it...

This is just the sort of...push over the edge objective pessimistic apprasial that will have me flying to a theater at Warp 9.975

Dang it...
I think I'm on board.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:46 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
God DANG it...

This is just the sort of...push over the edge objective pessimistic apprasial that will have me flying to a theater at Warp 9.975

Dang it...
I think I'm on board.
Welcome Aboard...You'll make a fine addition to the crew.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Commander

Y'know, I think the best endorsement for this film is when people with actual doubts see it and change their minds. Especially when some traces of those doubts remain afterward. It shows they're not just being blinded by 'teh pretty'.

We'll probably all have different opinions about which actors capture their roles well, and I doubt anyone's gonna be 100% satisfied in that regard.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 AM
Fleet Admiral

This guy has the same exact issue with what we've seen so far.
I've always said I can over look them if they have an amazing script and scope. He says they become background noise...

I'm astonished, firstly that someone out there thinks as I do and who's perspective so coincides with mine that I feel I have been told very emphaticaly that none of it will matter.

This is the first time that I feel someone said. "You're right, It looks bad, but I've seen it, it's amazing." ~

I trust that. After reading it. I feel calm.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Vice Admiral

http://www.themovieblog.com/ is gone.
Old 01-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Fleet Admiral

I think he knows.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I am glad, Saquist, I pointed out something that we agree on--Phew! I didn't think it could happen. Hey Zim, your link works fine. You may have to scroll down to read the article. I suppose I could change it. Okay I will...
Old 01-22-2009, 09:29 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSalon View Post
will be? Clearly not Chekov. I think considering how iconic each member of this cast is if only one is off I anticipate a lot of hate spilled in that direction.
I have been insanely hopeful for this movie and haven’t seen anything to take away from that. With any luck this 25 minute bit they were exposed to represents the whole movie.
Well, it may not even be an actor who's part of the 'classic' crew, it could be Nero, or Ayel, or Pike, or one of the Kirk/Spock parents.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!