The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > SPOILER: Countdown Number One Review
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRiddle1912 View Post
The uniform looks like the ones from Star Trek Online: http://uploads.startrekonline.com/screen_sto_006.jpg
Thanks for the link, but where do they have the pips? I can't make out where they are on the uniform...

That's what is strange...Data is wearing a different uniform then Picard appears to be. And if you think about it, it's interesting that Data's cover is shown from the back (where it still looks like the Nemesis era uni we're used to), yet we can see Picards as being Nemesis era, but we can't make out how many pips on the uni...

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.

Last edited by Damage75 : 01-29-2009 at 07:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage75 View Post
Thanks for the link, but where do they have the pips? I can't make out where they are on the uniform...
I think the pips are in the same place as seen in the comic, but I couldn't find a screencap for that. In the the STO trailer, they appear to be close to the same place as in the comic but slightly higher. Here's a link for that as well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irKmewM-GYY

As for the different uniforms, maybe they're in a transition stage, kind of like the first season of DS9, where the crew wore both TNG and Voyager uniform styles.

Last edited by TMRiddle1912 : 01-28-2009 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:35 PM
Lieutenant

RE: The uniforms.

You know, I really have to give credit to the STO / Countdown guys coordinating. The Star Trek powers that be have done such a crappy job (compared to certain other unnamed franchises) at keeping a consistent canon together, these two entities have gone off and decided to create their own Trek future.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:14 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRiddle1912 View Post
The uniform looks like the ones from Star Trek Online: http://uploads.startrekonline.com/screen_sto_006.jpg

I see two pretty nice pips here...

I love the way her comm badge is positioned too. It makes me want to call someone on it.