The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > SPOILER: Countdown Number One Review
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Captain

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalizeRomulanAle View Post
Just finished reading it, and I liked it a lot. I agree with others that it has a very Last days of Krypton/Star Trek VI feel to it. I liked how Spock was the Federation ambassador instead of the Vulcan ambassador. I'm very curious to see how Data somehow came into the position he is in... (Did the new TNG uniform remind anyone else of Enterprise, with the pips on the upper chest?)
I'm curious as to how Data is alive!

Quote:
As much as I enjoyed the comic, I almost wish we could see some of this back story played on film. I wonder how much of the post-Nemesis era will be shown at the beginning of the film. I hope we see Spock on some new ship, with a crew wearing these new uniforms...

...Still crossing fingers for a glimpse of the Titan...
If they don't do it for the actual movie, maybe there will be a little of it on the DVD release...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSnyder4 View Post
*I don't think we have to worry about spoilers....*
Good enough, although the original poster may wish to rename the thread title just to make sure.
I was the poster...what do you think I should add? I thought putting "SPOILER" was a pretty good warning!

Quote:
*JSnyder4, what is your Kirk idea?*
The mind meld and the close relationship between Spock and Kirk revealed there to him.

If, as I suspect, Nero gets his hate on towards Spock he would want to (as Khan put it): hurt you, and keep on... hurting you.

Rather poetic, in that Star Trek II revitalized the Star Trek name and this is the bookend hoping to do it again.

Certain concepts are being revisited from that movie, but in a new context.

I didn't catch that...I always forget about who mind melded with who (Sarek & Kirk, Sarek & Picard, Spock & Picard, etc..). Great catch!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Pips on the chest... is it the uniform from All Good Things, The Visitor and Endgame?
It still looks like the TNG film era uniforms, but the pips are positioned like they were on ENT...and they resemble the bars from ENT as well.

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:24 AM
Captain

Somebody Please help!!! Where can I find this book? I don't know of a comic book store around where I live in Louisville. Would bookstores have them? Barnes and Noble...
Old 01-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Fleet Admiral

Beetle, I assume since you post here you can order Issue #1 from Amazon: Item listing.

Barnes & Noble.com will pre-order the TPB for you with delivery in April, if that helps too.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 01-23-2009, 10:37 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

It is a bit of a wait for the trade TPB unfortunately!
Old 01-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Fleet Admiral

I've heard a screen from the old TNG PC game "A Final Unity" ends up in the comic?!

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

In the series as a whole or the first book? I played that game so many years ago. I doubt it can run on a modern PC.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:50 AM
Fleet Admiral

First issue, I guess, since the rest is yet to come

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 01-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Captain

I don't know that game, so I'm not sure...but I'll be sure to look for it if someone knows!

All I did was google "comic book stores chicago", got an address, threw it in my gps, and walked in and got it.

I was worried about walking in and finding out they didn't carry it (I'm still shell-shocked from the whole "This 2:00 showing of QOS doesn't show the new Star Trek trailer, but our 4:00 does"). But like my friend said...it's a COMIC BOOK STORE....they HAVE to carry it...it's their niche!

I was going to try and wait until April to buy all four together, but figured I'd blow it somehow....

You people have ruined "Star Trek The Next Generation" for me. You are absolutely the most insufferable group of jackasses I have ever had the misfortune of spending an extended period of time with. I hope you all f@*#! die. - Stewie after spending the day with the TNG cast.
Old 01-23-2009, 04:12 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

I really want to pick this up, but I can't find it ANYWHERE. The bookstore doesn't carry comic books, the comic book store didn't get any, and I can't even find a copy online for a reasonable price. Anyone know a good place to get it?
Old 01-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Captain

I found it! I looked up comic stores in the area, called them and they had 1 copy left! I read it and it is great!!! I don't understand about "Captian Data?"