The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek XI - The Video Game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a video game based on the movie?
Yes, I loves me some Star Trek Games! 66 77.65%
No, movie games are usually pretty bad! 19 22.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2008, 12:56 AM
Ensign

The game, if there is one, had already be under development at this point. Either that or they are plan to pump out some casual flash based games.

StarTrek-Games.com - The Worlds Largest Site Dedicated to Star Trek Games since 1999! Over 5,000 Members and counting!
Old 01-31-2008, 02:01 AM
Lieutenant

Bein both a gamer and a trekkie leads me to say that yes I would like the game but only if it is done well. Not another transformers the game (it pretty much sucked) and as far as Bethesda goes, I have Legacy and Encounters and I personally think they wernt what they were hyped up to be

So in short, YES to game but ONLY IF DONE WELL

HardyCofE
Old 01-31-2008, 02:11 AM
Ensign

I want to see that game but games based on movies are also usually bad. So I won't do a vote .

Old 01-31-2008, 02:28 AM
Midshipman

How about a Mass Effect style Star Trek game? except even bigger.

Mass Effect is filled with Trek influences already so it would only be fair.

Bethesda has the Star Trek license and, while they didn't do Mass Effect, they did make Oblivion. There is no reason why they couldn't make a Star Trek game on a scale even bigger than that game.

I've been waiting for a Star Trek game that was more open ended and filled with traditional Star Trek. Exploration, finding planets, away team missions, tons of alien races, fostering peace, perhaps going to battle when necessary. Keeping the ship out of danger and all that. Maybe rising from a grunt to a bridge officer to command of your own ship. Maybe designing your own ship for that matter?

Old 01-31-2008, 03:02 AM
Ensign

Bethesda doesn't have the rights to make a game based on the movie, unless they had the terms of the license changed recently. So its open for any publisher.

StarTrek-Games.com - The Worlds Largest Site Dedicated to Star Trek Games since 1999! Over 5,000 Members and counting!
Old 01-31-2008, 03:37 AM
Lieutenant

Well I guess paramount would have had to have given the rights to someone already as it must be underway by now.

And i think there will be a game purely on the fact that if you look at how much effort paramount seem to be putting in to publicising the movie (new toy deals, international trailers etc.) then it would just me a logical progression for them to get a game as well.

HardyCofE
Old 01-31-2008, 03:51 AM
Fleet Admiral

Please, make something like Elite Force III... a FPS with a good engine (HL2, D3, ...)

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 01-31-2008, 03:58 AM
Ensign

A first person shooter is a terrible idea.

So is a 'simulator' style game.

An adventure style console game with multiple game modes, such as Mass Effect, would literally have a massive effect.

Another boring PC FPS game would do horribly, regardless of the success of this film.

This opinion is coming from a prolific PC FPS gamer, who loves the genre and has competed professionally.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:14 AM
Midshipman

Movie games usually suck. I'd pass on this. I would just like someone to get back to work on Star Trek Online.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:25 AM
Midshipman

I voted yes, but I think it may be better to incorporate characters etc into other games as mods. For example, there could be an "Elite Force" (1/2) mod with the characters, weapons and maps of the different places they go on it. For "Bridge Commander" obviously there could be the ships.

I just wrote in a thread about there being possibly three movies. After that 'Activision' could make "Star Trek: Armada 3". This could include ships from "Enterprise", and even have other races having their own missions. In "Armada 2" I was disappointed that only the Federation, the Klingons and the Borg had missions. You could play as the others (Romulans, Cardassians, Species 8472) but only on Instant Action. It surprised me to see Species 8472 because they appeared in only a few episodes of "Voyager". The Suliban could feature in a new game, with missions from the Temporal Cold War, an example would be they have to take over a 'future' vessel, but it is very strong so you need a large fleet or a special tech to complete it.

Anyone agree? "Star Trek: Armada 3"?