The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek XI - The Video Game
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you like to see a video game based on the movie?
Yes, I loves me some Star Trek Games! 66 77.65%
No, movie games are usually pretty bad! 19 22.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
And Starship Creator Deluxe was compatible with Dominion Wars, if memory serves ala carte.
It is! Although I never have used that capability. Was Dominion Wars good enough to warrant a purchase?
Old 09-11-2010, 02:21 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by martok2112 View Post
I never did get to try Klingon Academy, and I wanted to so badly.

I also wanted to get (I think it was called) Klingon: Honor Guard, which was a Klingon first person shooter.
There was a demo back then, perhaps it's still available somewhere.
KHG was a great game when it comes to ideas, but I got lost in the huge maps. But man, what a game! Throw a bat'leth at your enemy and pick it up again, visit Rura Penthe and an entire qItI'nga' cruiser (you can even walk on the hull), make enemies spin forever in zero gravity...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
Klingon Academy is a great looking game, but I couldn't stand the gameplay. I did enjoy the demo I played of Starfleet Academy though.
What was so bad about the gameplay? You only need to memorize the command codes so that you can give orders quickly.

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 09-13-2010, 12:43 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla1987 View Post
It is! Although I never have used that capability. Was Dominion Wars good enough to warrant a purchase?
I only got to see it in action for a few moments. It was running on a friend's Windows XP computer (and they had to change the compatibility setting for Windows 98 in order for the game to run).

It was ok.....kinda sorta like Armada, but I get the sense Armada was better.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:47 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
There was a demo back then, perhaps it's still available somewhere.
KHG was a great game when it comes to ideas, but I got lost in the huge maps. But man, what a game! Throw a bat'leth at your enemy and pick it up again, visit Rura Penthe and an entire qItI'nga' cruiser (you can even walk on the hull), make enemies spin forever in zero gravity...
That sounded cool. I like FPS's with large maps. I am eagerly awaiting Halo Reach...especially with its new map editor Forge World.

Spacewalk on a Klingon Battlecruiser eh? Nice! Walk throughout a Klingon cruiser? Even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515

What was so bad about the gameplay? You only need to memorize the command codes so that you can give orders quickly.

For a game like that, I would use my Nostromo command pad. That way I could assign complex commands to easily locatable keys. It's what I do for most FPS games on my PC, and for stuff like Bridge Commander and Star Wars: Empire At War.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:26 AM
Fleet Admiral

In Generations, you could explore an entire be'rel. For KHG, they built a qItI'nga'

Found some pics:

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Last edited by NCC-73515 : 09-13-2010 at 09:51 AM.
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 AM
Fleet Admiral

Nice.

Yeah, I know what a qth'Inga is. It's my favorite version of the Klingon battlecruiser, as seen in ST:TMP, and ST VI: TUC.

I don't know if anyone read my rather lengthy idea for a Trek video game, but part of the aspect of the game was to be able to actually have the chance to explore at least large parts of your own ship (ala Elite Force, Elite Force II) but to also be able to do so at will, not just when it was scripted. And of course, be able to explore ships you've boarded.

In my game idea, a turbolift would take you to the major parts of the ship (at ANY time you wished). Captain's quarters on the officer's quarters deck, Transporter room on the appropriate deck, Shuttle bay, Sick bay on the appropriate deck, and perhaps a few other areas like the recreation deck, Engineering, etc. The turbolift wouldn't take you directly to Captain's Quarters, Transporter, Engineering, or Sick bay. This would allow you to walk the decks to get to your desired location. You could even enter other officers' quarters, and look about....even take items without their permission, but that would result in some bad karma (ala Fallout 3). I'd even imagine one could monkey with the settings in Engineering if one were so amused with the near destruction of his own ship, resulting in many heart attacks and cases of hysteria around the ship.

Last edited by martok2112 : 09-13-2010 at 11:16 AM.