The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > You'll love it!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2009, 11:04 AM
Fleet Admiral

You mean the trailer, don't you?

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
You'll love it! Well so says J.J. Abrams.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/01/jj-abra...ll-love-it.php

Not much there, but it's something. Bigger ships are a plus. Hope they have the size and weight they had in TWOK. I never liked the fast whipping around dogfighting starships you see in TNG films.

Flash and fun, I don't know about that, hope it's kept to a minimum. I don't think Star Trek needs bells and whistles it needs good writing.
what episode of TNG were you watching? They never whipped around
DS9 did that

Old 01-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Rear Admiral

That is true for the most part...all the did really was slowly move while pounding each other with torpedoes and such.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:48 AM
Fleet Admiral

Yesterdays Enterprise.....agonizingly slow...like they were in a time warp

Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
what episode of TNG were you watching? They never whipped around
DS9 did that
The TNG films, Saq, not the series. Especially First Contact and Nemesis. You had these capital starships flying around like dogfighters. I much prefer the slow heaviness of the battles in TWOK and even Insurrection, the Sonar ships had quite a bit of mass to them and their fight with the Enterprise did seem more like capital starships slugging it out rather than fighters.

I just don't want to see the Enterprise move like the Defiant and a little of that crept into FC and especially Nemesis.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 01-14-2009, 11:52 AM
Vice Admiral

I have a feeling I will leave the theater after watching the new movie a bit ticked off by a few canon issues, but overall I will be pumped that Trek is back. I also would have fully enjoyed the entire movie, car chase scene, sexy bra scene, and even other scenes that others may complain about.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
I have a feeling I will leave the theater after watching the new movie a bit ticked off by a few canon issues, but overall I will be pumped that Trek is back. I also would have fully enjoyed the entire movie, car chase scene, sexy bra scene, and even other scenes that others may complain about.
This is the beauty of Star Trek. You can take or leave any and all things you like and dislike about it.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
The TNG films, Saq, not the series. Especially First Contact and Nemesis. You had these capital starships flying around like dogfighters. I much prefer the slow heaviness of the battles in TWOK and even Insurrection, the Sonar ships had quite a bit of mass to them and their fight with the Enterprise did seem more like capital starships slugging it out rather than fighters.[
REALLY!!
I can see where you're coming from with the joy stick incident
But first contact pretty much flew the ship in a straight line.
And Nemesis....what can I say, Enterprise got hit with ever single shot....That was my worse complaint about the movie.

I also thought this is what ship combat is supposed to be like in Nemesis when You have one ship far more powerful than another...You're supposed to run...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
This is the beauty of Star Trek. You can take or leave any and all things you like and dislike about it.
Or option 3 (my favorite)
cut it up and analysis it's base components and serve it back to the Studio. (If bad)

Old 01-14-2009, 12:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
REALLY!!
And Nemesis....what can I say, Enterprise got hit with ever single shot....That was my worse complaint about the movie.

I also thought this is what ship combat is supposed to be like in Nemesis when You have one ship far more powerful than another...You're supposed to run..
In the battle scenes, the ship seemed to turn around on a dime, and the style of fighting was dogfighting. In most of the TOS movies it seemed quite a chore to turn the Enterprise and when the Enterprise got into battle with other ships, the fighting style was much more like two galleons slugging the crap out of one another. In FC and Nemesis, the Enterprise moved like a fighter, at least to my eyes, that's what I'm saying.

"Death, delicious strawberry flavored death!"
Old 01-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
REALLY!!

I also thought this is what ship combat is supposed to be like in Nemesis when You have one ship far more powerful than another...You're supposed to run...

Or option 3 (my favorite)
cut it up and analysis it's base components and serve it back to the Studio. (If bad)
lol...yes there is alway good ol' option three...But isn't there an option 3-A..where as if the is bad you are to take it out back and soak ith in gasoline. Burn it in ephigy and stomp the smoldering ashes into the ground ...screaming the mantra: Bad film go away...bonk bonk?