The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > oh no... please... no!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Commander

Default oh no... please... no!

There are Scimitar-type ships in the Countdown comic >.<

What has the world come too?

http://img.trekmovie.com/images/comi...cp_1_p18_3.jpg
Old 01-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Lieutenant

Crap,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Lieutenant

...so what? They're tying into the established trek universe. They're reman ships. Is the world coming to an end now? whats the big deal?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:31 PM
Commander

Those things seem a whole lot smaller than the Scimitar, they just have some similar characteristics. Nothing at all wrong with that.

What's with this silly idea that the entire Romulan Empire is supposed to consist of billions of people who all look, act, and speak the same way and fly in the same two or three different classes of ships? If anything, these new ships and new characters are helping to make the Romulans more like people and less like two-dimensional alien villains. Continuing the good work that DS9 started, really.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
Those things seem a whole lot smaller than the Scimitar, they just have some similar characteristics. Nothing at all wrong with that.

What's with this silly idea that the entire Romulan Empire is supposed to consist of billions of people who all look, act, and speak the same way and fly in the same two or three different classes of ships? If anything, these new ships and new characters are helping to make the Romulans more like people and less like two-dimensional alien villains. Continuing the good work that DS9 started, really.
Quite so
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Meh.... what ever it's not on screen so it's not the all glorious "CANNON!" so you don't need to worry. Right?
Old 01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Lieutenant

I don't see what the issue is? It's an old ship that has characteristics of the Scimitar. Is that what the world is coming to? Oh noez!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Fleet Admiral

those drawings look.....crappy

Old 01-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
those drawings look.....crappy
Ya know...I'm usually a pretty "sunny-side of every situation" kinda of person...but Saquist, I'm gonna have to agree with ya on this. This frame of the comic book, IMHO, looks, as Lord Vader might say, "Unimpressive. Most unimpressive."

Maybe it's just one frame, and the pen and ink staff had a budget crunch during that frame. Maybe they were hungry and couldn't wait to go for some McNuggets???
Old 01-14-2009, 02:16 AM
Captain

What I'll do is find the comic book, read it, and then give an official, fully fleshed out opinion. I'm also going to get the latest issue of Spider-Man just because it's going to be a collector's item--but I digress. I'm not much of a comic book reader, but I never like to comment about something unless I'm better educated. Comparing the frame in the link provided in this thread to THESE frames found at THIS link, http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../idwfirsts.htm, makes me doubt the authenticy of the frame we're discussing. The quality of several frames provided by Comics Continuum is enough to make we want to go pick up the article. If the frame in this link of this thread IS from the comic book--and this is no slight toward the author of this thread--then I stand by my initial opinion that the pen and ink staff REALLY HAD to go get those McNuggets while they were hot!

Again, I'm not saying buffs79 is pulling our leg. It's just the scientist in me.

Last edited by Dominus of Megadeus : 01-14-2009 at 02:19 AM. Reason: Spelling and grammer.