The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Deep Space Nine > First Contact
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Ensign

Default First Contact

Am I the only weirdo who wishes FC was a buddy movie for Picard and Sisko? Two Captains. One Collective. Both men burned by the Borg. Both men ready to load in.

I always thought the Sisko wouldn't let Worf just take the Defiant. He could have ended up in there stealing even more screen time from the TNG ensemble and making the movie rock.

Dunno, just a thought
Old 02-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Ensign

I always thought that FC could of had a couple of DS9 actors in it. The Defiant has a whole new bridge crew in the movie, Like you say, Sisko would not of let Worf take the defiant without any other senior officers on board, eg: no science officer, chief engineer, chief medical officer etc etc etc
Old 02-08-2008, 11:42 AM
Lieutenant

Interesting...I had never thought of it that way.
Even if Sisko did have just a small role in it toward the end, it would
have been a better movie than it already is.

"It might not be so bad. For all we know the Vorta could be gluttonous, alcoholic sex maniacs."
~Quark and Ziyal
Old 02-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Eris_ View Post
Interesting...I had never thought of it that way.
Even if Sisko did have just a small role in it toward the end, it would
have been a better movie than it already is.
Disagree, personally i think FC was the only TNG film that was done well and throwing in another captain would feel a little bit too fanboyish too me

HardyCofE
Old 02-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Lieutenant

Yeah, I've never thought of that before either. It sounds like an interesting concept to see Sisko and Picard together again, but I'd have to say with how good FC was I wouldn't want to change it.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Excellent Idea! *wonders why CapatinJohnBelushi did not write First Contact?*
Old 02-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Midshipman

Hmmm.. I never thought about that. But why not add him? Avery Brooks is such a great actor anyway! Though he would have been pushed aside, and it all would have seemed a bit wierd to have him in the whole movie - unless he was knocked out at the beginning and saved on the Enterprise in stasis or something.

But it would have been neat to see Worf forced to choose between Picard and Sisko at some point! And on a side note, I think Worf was a bit wasted in TNG... or maybe the writers for TNG were just no where near as good for character writing like the writers on DS9. Come to think about, no Trek was written as well as DS9!
Old 02-09-2008, 05:29 AM
Ensign

This may come as a shock to you but the 2 main writers of DS9 worked and started on TNG so the credit goes to Moore/Pillar for both shows.
Old 02-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Ensign

Sisko in FC might have worked. Then again it could have been a little too distracting, it was a TNG film after all. But it would have been interesting to see the dynamic between the two captains explored a little bit more. Remember Sisko blamed Picard for the death of his wife.

It would have worked to have O'Brien in FC though as he was a TNG character. They had other recurring TNG characters appear in the film - Barclay and Ogawa - so have O'Brien on the Defiant with Worf would have worked I'm sure. He could have teamed up with Geordi on the surface or help fight the Borg on the Enterprise. I can imagine him in the sequence when Picard, Worf and Data led a team to attack the Borg in engineering. It would have been great!
Old 02-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMS Enterprise View Post
Sisko in FC might have worked. Then again it could have been a little too distracting, it was a TNG film after all. But it would have been interesting to see the dynamic between the two captains explored a little bit more. Remember Sisko blamed Picard for the death of his wife.

It would have worked to have O'Brien in FC though as he was a TNG character. They had other recurring TNG characters appear in the film - Barclay and Ogawa - so have O'Brien on the Defiant with Worf would have worked I'm sure. He could have teamed up with Geordi on the surface or help fight the Borg on the Enterprise. I can imagine him in the sequence when Picard, Worf and Data led a team to attack the Borg in engineering. It would have been great!

You're so right! And I don't think that would have felt forced at all.