The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Star Trek Movie Getting SuperBowl Ad
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2009, 09:22 PM
Commander

Default Star Trek Movie Getting SuperBowl Ad

I knew this would happen!
Now when I have the ultimate party...

http://trekmovie.com/2009/01/08/star...wl-commercial/
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Admiral

OM F'n G!!!

It's the Superbowl....

Bruce Springsteen is doing the half time show...

and now, there's an ad for Star Trek????

I'm having a huge party (I always do) for the Super Bowl...so, this is just more wonderfulness.....

Thanks to Ron Salon for the signature banner!
Old 01-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Federation Councillor

Being in the UK, I'm a little vague on the exact nature of the Superbowl, however it sounds like this advertising is a good thing?
Old 01-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

its one of the biggest comercial events in the us. iv seen the startrek add on tv already it was diring the terminator i think. i find football too slow and boring with all the timouts and stuff. they should have to play like 20 mins strait without stopping and if the ball hits the ground or something just play through without stopping for 15 mins to decide if the guys foot was over the line or something. foot ball screwd king of the hill cuz it always went overtime.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:03 AM
Lieutenant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Being in the UK, I'm a little vague on the exact nature of the Superbowl, however it sounds like this advertising is a good thing?
The superbowl basically has all the makings of a Holiday. Even people who don't watch football get in on it. The commercials they show usually during the first half and during the half time have loads of new commercials permiering for whatever products are sponsoring the superbowl. Tons of beer ads and pickup truck ads obviously, but usually they're new ads people haven't seen before. Other stuff like new computers, computer software, auto insurance, game consoles, commercials that have athlete cameos, etc. premiere new ads as well.

With this is premiering new movie trailers. Chances may be the the Star Trek trailer will be the same exact trailer we saw during Fringe. But hopefully some new footage will be shown. I'm looking forward to ads for Transformers and G. I. Joe.

The commercial ads during the second half start to get less exciting though. Usually repeats of the commercials they showed during the first half already, less entertaining ads we've seen all year long before the superbowl, and it's also when they start letting whatever your local channel is show local ads for stuff like lawyers and furniture sales.

Sure bunches of people watch it for the game, but there's quite a few people who actually watch it for the entertaining commercial breaks.

I remember my last year in college, we had a superbowl party at our frat house. About a quarter of the people there were there to see the commercials, especially the trailer for the Matrix sequels. During the second half when they start showing the less exciting ads, a few people left, but most stayed, one - because it was a party, we were there already, and there was pleanty of food left, and two - because we had bets on what the score was at the end of the game for prizes.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:54 AM
Lieutenant

I don't care about football, but I'm now requesting vacation so I can see
Old 01-09-2009, 06:09 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
It is the "holy grail" of advertising events...anything that is anything will have a commercial during Superbowl! Yeeessss! Whoohoo!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:27 AM
Fleet Admiral

Good work...it's the next step.
I'm sure wolverine Origins will too.

Old 01-09-2009, 06:29 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcunk View Post
its one of the biggest comercial events in the us.
It is THE biggest commercial event anymore. The ratings for last year's Superbowl were near 100 Million Viewers, making it the second most watched program in the ever U.S. Ads are like $3 Million for a 30 second spot. People watch the Superbowl for two reasons, the teams, and the commercials! This is a HUGE deal for Star Trek, even bigger than James Bond.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:32 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigueldaRican View Post
With this is premiering new movie trailers. Chances may be the the Star Trek trailer will be the same exact trailer we saw during Fringe. But hopefully some new footage will be shown. I'm looking forward to ads for Transformers and G. I. Joe.
If it is a 30 second ad it could be a cut down version, a version with some new stuff or a new ad all together.