The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Nero slipped past Starfleet temporal agents!?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where does this movie take place, altered original universe or a parallel universe?
Nero in parallel universe #2 8 30.77%
Agents or Spock need to fix universe #1 18 69.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Exclamation douche bag??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leathart View Post
Because as has been shown already, the writers of this film are doing their own thing. It's simple as that.....
Leathart have you read any of the interviews???

As we have been told the writers of the film (out of their own mouths in interviews) are Star Trek fans and say they are (in some way unclear to us) fallowing the cannon to a certain degree. So maybe it is not as simply as that!
Old 01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA-1842 View Post
The people in the thirty-first century cannot be involved because no-one is travelling to or from the thirty-first century, or beyond - therefore it has already happened for them always.
True but don't forget some temporal agents on timeships exist outside normal space time in which case they can observe the incursions, and in which case would be immediately corrected and no one would know but this movie will let us witness this correction.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default I Like It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
you all present fashinating theories,here's mine
Nero's ship masks its temporal signature(temporal cloacking device) so that no one agent can track it down

jtrek79!!! I like it, best one I have read so far!! But then temporal agents would want to know why this Nero character disappeared and would want to track him down, some temporal agents exist outside of normal space time, and would notice that Nero's disappearance and the timeline alterations would coincide i.e. Nero is gone from the 24th century and the timeline is skewed in the 23rd century. This would appear to happen at the same time to people observing the timeline outside normal space-time.

Nero can run but he can never hide!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-10-2009, 06:24 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default very true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible Object View Post
My take on this for what ever it is worth, is that J.J. and Crew did not watch/ like/ care about Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise, so they either don't care about, or have never heard of Section 31, Temporal investigations, Daniels, or Captain Braxton (aka Jack Dalton for you MacGyver fans). So they will not include any of the "temporal cops" in the movie because they don't want to, don't care to, or are unaware of them.
However if they did include one or more of them in the movie it would be way cool!
Oh for sure, I totally agree and that is a very strong possibility but that is too easy an explanation. Lol I want to be difficult and hear of the possibilities if it were true.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Default phew indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA-1842 View Post
Is that sarcasm? Sorry, I cannot tell...

Anyway, the people from the thirty-first century cannot alter anything, because from their perspective nothing has changed as such - because they only experience the timeline they were born in. If someone from the thirty-first century was involved with these events, then they would experience the timeline without the interference, and then the timeline with the interference; and have a cause to intervene. If there is no interference from their century then they don't know that the timeline they were born in is better or worse than the timeline that they had not experienced - and have no grounds to change anything. Phew.
lol true enough but if people on the timeship relativity can exist outside normal space time you dont think that 200 years later in the 31st century the technology would have only been perfected? Granted we are not told about "Daniels people" existing outside space-time but it is a possibility.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmok View Post
lol true enough but if people on the timeship relativity can exist outside normal space time you dont think that 200 years later in the 31st century the technology would have only been perfected?
The more of those stories started to crop up in Voyager and Enterprise, the more I started to speculate that the reason why the Q (or one of them, anyway) loved messing with humans so much is because the Q are humans -- or the next step in humans, anyway. They're the 45th century Starfleet. lol
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 01-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmok View Post
jtrek79!!! I like it, best one I have read so far!! But then temporal agents would want to know why this Nero character disappeared and would want to track him down, some temporal agents exist outside of normal space time, and would notice that Nero's disappearance and the timeline alterations would coincide i.e. Nero is gone from the 24th century and the timeline is skewed in the 23rd century. This would appear to happen at the same time to people observing the timeline outside normal space-time.

Nero can run but he can never hide!! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA
always a pleasure talking to all of u fans
Old 01-11-2009, 07:43 AM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
The more of those stories started to crop up in Voyager and Enterprise, the more I started to speculate that the reason why the Q (or one of them, anyway) loved messing with humans so much is because the Q are humans -- or the next step in humans, anyway. They're the 45th century Starfleet. lol
Funnily enough, I used to have that thought back during Q's early appearances on TNG as well. Not Starfleet, but just far, far evolved away from our current level.

But back to the other discussion.

I would have thought that Temporal Agents would not be relevant, because Nero creates an alternate universe that the writers have suggested they will be staying in. Whereas the Temporal Agents we were seeing were working to correct damage to their own universe. So if he creates an all-new universe, then the Temporal Agents can't correct it. It's a bit of a hard one to work out, and highlights the problems of Trek's inconsistency around time travel stories.

Last edited by kevin : 01-11-2009 at 07:48 AM.