The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Nero slipped past Starfleet temporal agents!?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Where does this movie take place, altered original universe or a parallel universe?
Nero in parallel universe #2 8 30.77%
Agents or Spock need to fix universe #1 18 69.23%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA-1842 View Post
The people in the thirty-first century cannot be involved because no-one is travelling to or from the thirty-first century, or beyond - therefore it has already happened for them always.
Okay I can see your take on that ...It make quite a bit of sense.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM
Vice Admiral

you all present fashinating theories,here's mine
Nero's ship masks its temporal signature(temporal cloacking device) so that no one agent can track it down
Old 01-08-2009, 09:31 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
you all present fashinating theories,here's mine
Nero's ship masks its temporal signature(temporal cloacking device) so that no one agent can track it down
Now that is a freaking kewl theory...Kinda like the BoP that could fire when cloaked in ST:VI
Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Vice Admiral

yes,perhaps when we have a better wiew of the narada then we can judge if she can fire under cloak
Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrek79 View Post
yes,perhaps when we have a better wiew of the narada then we can judge if she can fire under cloak
Who knows what she is capable of? Besides the Narada is a post Nemesis Ship...we still really don't know how much after the events in Nemesis she is.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
Who knows what she is capable of? Besides the Narada is a post Nemesis Ship...we still really don't know how much after the events in Nemesis she is.

she is a giant jelly fish,lets see it reminds me the "first ones" ship in babylon 5,or the vorlon planet destroyer
Old 01-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmok View Post
Temporal agents, Section 31, or an alternate universe all together?

Just wondering how Nero slipped passed Starfleet Temporal agents like Captain Braxton of the 29th Century or agent Daniels of the 31st Century. We know the USS Relativity exists outside space-time and is able to scan time to look for temporal incursions or paradoxes.

Will Temporal agents or Section 31 be involved in this movie? Will they correct the timeline or is it the fact that the “original universe” still exists simply without Nero.

Being Star Trek fans we know of two possible outcomes. Either Nero changed the timeline in universe #1 in which case it needs to be repaired, or by changing the past Nero has jumped into a parallel universe (universe #2) and universe #1 continues to exist unaltered in which case Starfleet Temporal Command would be none the wiser.

One question, which Spock is old Spock and where does he come from, time traveler or dimension jumper?

There is a poll as well, I am curious what most of you think the case it.

Ps. Not making a big deal of this, I just like to brainstorm and hear what you all think. Regardless of what happens, its Trek, and I can’t wait for this movie!
My take on this for what ever it is worth, is that J.J. and Crew did not watch/ like/ care about Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise, so they either don't care about, or have never heard of Section 31, Temporal investigations, Daniels, or Captain Braxton (aka Jack Dalton for you MacGyver fans). So they will not include any of the "temporal cops" in the movie because they don't want to, don't care to, or are unaware of them.
However if they did include one or more of them in the movie it would be way cool!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:03 AM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indestructible Object View Post
My take on this for what ever it is worth, is that J.J. and Crew did not watch/ like/ care about Voyager, DS9, or Enterprise, so they either don't care about, or have never heard of Section 31, Temporal investigations, Daniels, or Captain Braxton (aka Jack Dalton for you MacGyver fans). So they will not include any of the "temporal cops" in the movie because they don't want to, don't care to, or are unaware of them.
However if they did include one or more of them in the movie it would be way cool!
IMO I really think that JJ & Co. really do care. It is just that in order to preserve the right amount of secrecy on this film he employs guarded answers in his interviews as well as misdirection. You see in the hand that he is showing he tells us that he is a "Star Wars Fan." In the other hidden in the sleeve may be something that is going to blow us away. We will have to wait and see.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN MOUSE View Post
Okay I can see your take on that ...It make quite a bit of sense.
Is that sarcasm? Sorry, I cannot tell...

Anyway, the people from the thirty-first century cannot alter anything, because from their perspective nothing has changed as such - because they only experience the timeline they were born in. If someone from the thirty-first century was involved with these events, then they would experience the timeline without the interference, and then the timeline with the interference; and have a cause to intervene. If there is no interference from their century then they don't know that the timeline they were born in is better or worse than the timeline that they had not experienced - and have no grounds to change anything. Phew.

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 01-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Rear Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA-1842 View Post
Is that sarcasm? Sorry, I cannot tell...

Anyway, the people from the thirty-first century cannot alter anything, because from their perspective nothing has changed as such - because they only experience the timeline they were born in. If someone from the thirty-first century was involved with these events, then they would experience the timeline without the interference, and then the timeline with the interference; and have a cause to intervene. If there is no interference from their century then they don't know that the timeline they were born in is better or worse than the timeline that they had not experienced - and have no grounds to change anything. Phew.
No Sarcasm in that last post...I was being serious...sorry if I gave you that impression.