The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Global Warming
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Global Warming Fact or Myth? What do you believe?
Fact 36 59.02%
Myth 25 40.98%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2009, 01:21 PM
Ensign

woh it cracks me up how ppl can say global warming is a myth...u can c that things are changing in my area we havent had proper snow for nearly 20 years we just get flutters now and in my town the sea levels have rissed drammaticlly in my lifetime its crazy
Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scribbler View Post
There is a genuine consensus among scientists that climate change is real and that humans are to blame. This has come about through years of painfully thorough gathering of evidence. If you think that every scientist who has worked on this problem is a leftist propagandist then you are an idiot.
No, go ask those real scientists yourself. I was involved in the "global warming" discussion in the early 1990s, long before it became a fashionable subject. It had always been a subject in the same categories with UFOs, Bigfoot, and the Loch Ness monster. Until a UN report a couple years ago that everyone now points too as a "scientific concesus". We are talking about the same UN that every year convenes a "human rights" panel than invariably spends its entire time talking about how evil the US and Israel are... and how we are the worst human rights abusers in the world. The UN has no credibility. Zero. And this is the source of your global warming "science".

"Global warming" remains in the same domain as UFOs and Bigfoot, just ask any serious scientist and they'll tell you the same thing. UN panels are not the arbitors of science. In fact, most serious scientists in the field have been very annoyed for quite some time now that they are being ignored in favor of a UN panel for political reasons. THERE IS NO EVIDENCE AT ALL, AND THERE NEVER HAS BEEN, THAT GLOBAL WARMING EXISTS LET ALONE IS BEING CAUSED BY HUMANS. The world is taking the pronouncment of a biased UN panel as the final word of science, and believe me it is not hard to find pissed off scientists in the field.

What the real actual scientists will tell you is that A) Only the sun can have a significant impact on global tempurature. B) We are most likely heading into a period of the cycle that has been known about for over 100 years where tempuratures cool, not warm. And C) There is no evidence at all for any human impact on global tempuratures.

"Global warming" is political propoganda. Don't take my word for it, find a serious scientist in the field and ask them. Once their anger subsides, they will explain too you that "global warming" is no different that UFOs, Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster. It falls within that same category of "science".