The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Hi-Res Pics!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:29 PM
Botany Bay's Avatar
Botany Bay Botany Bay is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
his res shots are ace. bit confused by the viewscreen shot though, the front light on the saucer, should that be dead center at the front? It if is, then the bridge is off at a funny angle, or the view from the screen is in that shot..the line to the right of the screen is the centerline..
Hey, didnt realize it. The original Enterprise bridge was out of angle. Who knows, perhaps they at least kept that.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:32 PM
tomcatjosh's Avatar
tomcatjosh tomcatjosh is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,800
Default

yeah, im not sure if i like the glass viewscreen idea.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:38 PM
vuedoc's Avatar
vuedoc vuedoc is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,931
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
Hey, didnt realize it. The original Enterprise bridge was out of angle. Who knows, perhaps they at least kept that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatjosh View Post
yeah, im not sure if i like the glass viewscreen idea.

Yeah, if it's simply a viewscreen then it doesn't matter if the bridge is off angle. Hell, they could be facing backward for all that. But if it really is a window, having it look out to port 30 degrees seems.... illogical.
__________________
"Stop it? I'm counting on it."
"But not because you threaten me. I'll pay you because... it's my pleasure."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:40 PM
tomcatjosh's Avatar
tomcatjosh tomcatjosh is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,800
Default

maybe its not the viewscreen, but a window, ( not the bridge)
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Botany Bay's Avatar
Botany Bay Botany Bay is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Berlin
Posts: 2,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
Yeah, if it's simply a viewscreen then it doesn't matter if the bridge is off angle. Hell, they could be facing backward for all that. But if it really is a window, having it look out to port 30 degrees seems.... illogical.
Considering the huge distances and speeds in space, it really doesnt matter where your window points at, cause all you would see where stars, no matter what direction you look.

In one szene in the trailer we see the ship enter a field of debris and the sight is perfectly aligned with the ships flightpath. So, our window seems to be our main viewer. Switch it off and its a clear window. Neat!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-30-2008, 02:49 PM
matty's Avatar
matty matty is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botany Bay View Post
Considering the huge distances and speeds in space, it really doesnt matter where your window points at, cause all you would see where stars, no matter what direction you look.

In one szene in the trailer we see the ship enter a field of debris and the sight is perfectly aligned with the ships flightpath. So, our window seems to be our main viewer. Switch it off and its a clear window. Neat!
makes sense to me.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-30-2008, 03:22 PM
TriggerMan TriggerMan is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
his res shots are ace. bit confused by the viewscreen shot though, the front light on the saucer, should that be dead center at the front? It if is, then the bridge is off at a funny angle, or the view from the screen is in that shot..the line to the right of the screen is the centerline..
Check post #65 which could shed light on this: http://trekmovie.com/2008/12/30/supe...tar-trek-2009/

Simply put guys, it is possible it is actually a view screen and the reason for the "off set angle" is that it is the Viewer Cam is doing a sweep around.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Star Trek's Avatar
Star Trek Star Trek is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South FL.
Posts: 709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
Let's put it this way...how closely do you really want to examine...butt ugly things....

answer: from a distance.
Hey - Let us know what crow tastes like in May 2009.

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM
Frenzy's Avatar
Frenzy Frenzy is offline
Lieutenant
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 424
Default

Its a HUD? Like in modern fighter jets?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
his res shots are ace. bit confused by the viewscreen shot though, the front light on the saucer, should that be dead center at the front? It if is, then the bridge is off at a funny angle, or the view from the screen is in that shot..the line to the right of the screen is the centerline..
Not really. Remember the hull slopes up and then levels out again leading to the bridge. That would suggest that the Enterprise bridge is Indeed at a tilt 30 degrees to the left

Look to the right of Spock, those two light designate the bow of the ship and the center of the view screen is to the left of Spock.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.