The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > TV Shows > Original Series > One for the ladies. Who was sexier: Kirk or Spock?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Ladies. Who was sexier Kirk or Spock?
Kirk 11 25.00%
Spock 33 75.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2009, 12:55 PM
Captain

Staying in shape is relative.

What is normal for one person takes a ton of work for someone else to maintain. It's all in the genes.

Shatner must be genetically predisposed to overweight, whereas Nimoy is probably from a leaner lineage.
Old 01-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Ensign

Spock. I don't really find Kirk sexy. Maybe because I know I would only be one of many while Spock, if he fell in love, would be loyal and steadfastly devoted.
Then there is that brain. Those ears and that pointed face. Plus he looks so good in blue. Hmmm. Spock for the win.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Lieutenant Commander

Spock all the way. I had a crush on him as a girl and any time I watch a TOS episode, I still find him sexy as hell. Tall, dark, handsome, mysterious and ridiculously intelligent. What more can you ask for, really?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:05 PM
Ensign

I'm a male, but my vote goes to McCoy.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:55 PM
Midshipman

Mm, I'm a Spock girl myself. There's the obvious "tall, dark and handsome" about him, but he's intriguing too... Borne of two different planets but never really fitting into either... He denies and represses his own emotions because he feels that he must.. it's like a reward when you see him crack and show them! Jimbo is a pretty "on the surface" guy (not in a bad way) - wears his heart on his sleeve, but Spock is more mysterious... A challenge!

I think McCoy got it right when he said in.... uh.. I'm no expert but I think it was Bread and Circuses when they're in the lockup "That's it isn't it? Insecurity?... You know why your not afraid to die Spock? Because you're afraid of living! Every day you stay alive is just one more day you might slip up, and let your human side show through." Or something like that...

He's an intriguing mystery... curiosity gets the better of me and wants to find the real Spock XD Perfect men aren't interesting. It's interesting that those so strong and are supposedly not distracted by emotion on the surface, can be troubled inside, have weaknesses too. For a Vulcan he's pretty human (though he thoroughly denies it). Plus he's not frustratingly coy about things, just says it how it is. And those awesomely expressive eyebrows... As you can see, I've thought far too much about this (writers are weird people) :P

So yeah, I'm for Spock. It's only logical.

Or Chekov simply for his accent "Nuclear wessels woaded with wodka approaching!"
Old 02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
Ensign

While Kirk's charisma and and body is very attractive, not to mention his ability to assemble a bazooka from spare parts, Spock is really my choice. This may sound bad to my own sex, but Spock's go the whole smart, morally sensitive, strong, and reliable thing going. I disagree with others that a relationship with Spock would be better--after all, he is Vulcan, and other than the whole owning a woman deal, living that strict a life has got to be hard, especially for more messy types like me. Plus, I like PDA, and that is definitely not Spock's modus operandi. While Kirk is a womanizer, he's very fair to the women he's with, and although he'd never be around, he'd be more outright fun to be with when he's there.
Actually, if I were to date anyone on the Enterprise, it would probably be Chekov But Spock is, in the end, the one that makes my toes curl.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Lieutenant

Spock!

It's not that Kirk is not attractive and charismatic, he is, but Kirk is too much of the classic Hollywood alpha male hero. Spock was always so much more interesting, mysterious, with a more complex personality, as well as more unusual/exotic/striking looks. The main reason why he is so sexy is that he seems cold and unattainable on the outside and tries so hard not to show emotion, but you can feel the vulnerability and passion simmering underneath. Also, Kirk had numerous flings and flirtations, but on the rare occasions when Spock fell in love, he was always way more passionate and romantic than Kirk ever was.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Lieutenant

Spock!

It's not that Kirk is not attractive and charismatic, he is, but Kirk is too much of the classic Hollywood alpha male hero. Spock was always so much more interesting, mysterious, with a more complex personality, as well as more unusual/exotic/striking looks. The main reason why he is so sexy is that he seems cold and unattainable on the outside and tries so hard not to show emotion, but you can feel the vulnerability and passion simmering underneath. Also, Kirk had numerous flings and flirtations, but on the rare occasions when Spock fell in love, he was always way more passionate and romantic than Kirk ever was.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Lieutenant Commander

I'd choose Spock in both TOS and the new movie but Pine definately gives Quinto a run for his money and Shatner was a very, very attractive young man. Spock is simply more interesting than Kirk.

Although, to tell the truth, which one would I like to marry? NEITHER! TOS McCoy would be the only marrying man in the bunch.
Old 05-12-2009, 08:08 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Kirk. The Shatner Dropkick is not to be trifled with.