The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > Bizarre ST dreams ?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
Commander

Question Bizarre ST dreams ?

When I was in grade school (1980s) TNG and Reading Rainbow were the shows I watched religiously. One time I dream about my house. The real house had 2 floors. In the dream the house had 3 floors. The middle floor had the engine room and the warp core of Enterprise-D. The top floor was the 2nd floor of the real house. It had a library of Reading Rainbow books in one of the bedrooms.

To this day I still remember that dream!

Do you have any bizarre dreams of the unconscious? Would you like to share?

http://www.dianahuang.com
Old 02-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Fleet Admiral

Well I had some strange dreams involving a Gorn, a Saurian and a Selay, but you wouldn't wanna know more about it
No honestly, I had many Trek dreams as a child... being aboard the 1701-D

"English! I thought I dreamed hearing it!"?
Khan, Space Seed (TOS)

Brought to you in living color by NCC.
-= first fan member =-

Old 02-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Lieutenant

The earliest dream related to Star Trek I can remember is as a kid of 6 or 7. I'm a ''vivid dreamer'' -- I can see, feel, taste, hold a telephone conversation, look through a camera and see the same image I'm ''seeing'' in my dream. I can feel wind, cold, heat, and of course, see in perfect color. I don't fly as much as I used to but when I do, I can feel the speed, inertia, gravity, the blast of wind and so on.

So, my first Star Trek related dream was just so. I had seen enough to ''record'' and ''render'' things 3-D in my mind. I was on the TOS Enterprise bridge. I had complete control and of course I was Kirk. Everything I said was succinct and I felt like I was in command. The last thing I can remember was ordering people to the transporter room to beam down.

Another early dream was sitting with Chekov in what might be the future TNG Ten-Forward. We were both having bowls of ice cream sitting at the counter or whatever.

There were other TOS-themed dreams throughout my ''growing up'' years.

Later, as I was in high school, and after the first movie (STTMP), I began to experience what I call my ''theater dreams'' of upcoming Star Trek movies. I'm sure they were caused by anxious anticipation of the upcoming movies.

Months before ST2TWOK I had my first. It always went the same way. I was in a cool suburbia-type cineplex and I was early enough to find a seat in a big cool auditorium surprisingly empty with perhaps maybe two or three others. The movie would always ''begin'' but that was it. I never got too far into it. I do, however, remember this one as it opened with Kirk and Bones on some sort of two-man boat where Bones was trying to show Kirk the pleasure of fishing and peanut-butter sandwiches. The next thing you know, a shuttle swooped down from the sky and hovered next to them, the hatch opened and Scotty leaned out to tell Kirk that some critical situation had occurred and that Kirk had purposely left his communicator at the cabin and so they couldn't locate them for a transporter lock. Later, I actually used this material in a spec TNG script called ''Tides'' which both got me into the AFI as well as pitches at various TNG-era shows.

Anyway, these dreams lasted through the original cast movies and stopped abruptly with the first TNG (Generations) movie.

It is interesting to note, however, they have returned. I had a ''theater dream'' a few weeks ago and it took me back. It was like home cooking. Once again I was early to the theater (where were the lines?) and I found myself a nice comfortable seat in this massive auditorium and sat down. The movie began (no previews?) and all I can remember is ''swooshing stars'' and some really great adventurous music much like Cliff Eidelmann's from The Undiscovered Country.

I'm glad to finally be back in ''my movie theater.''
Old 02-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Ensign

I have weird dreams... but not about Star Trek.
Old 02-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Storm Pictures View Post
Another early dream was sitting with Chekov in what might be the future TNG Ten-Forward. We were both having bowls of ice cream sitting at the counter or whatever.

The next thing you know, a shuttle swooped down from the sky and hovered next to them, the hatch opened and Scotty leaned out to tell Kirk that some critical situation had occurred and that Kirk had purposely left his communicator at the cabin and so they couldn't locate them for a transporter lock. Later, I actually used this material in a spec TNG script called ''Tides'' which both got me into the AFI as well as pitches at various TNG-era shows.

Now that's the good stuff. I have often used my dreams as a source of new ideas. I too dream in color and feel the heat and texture, never really thought much about it. I thought everybody did.

http://www.dianahuang.com
Old 02-05-2008, 06:52 PM
Rear Admiral

I have a few Trek dreams in my time

The two that stick in my mind are...

1) It involved me and Kira (the rest is ^^)

2) The most recent was when I found out that ST:XI may have time travel and Romulans...

I remember being on the bridge on 1701-D, but a larger and darker lit set, with a large sofa area outside of the captains ready room.

Anyways, Tasha was there on the bridge, and we were all looking out at the View Screen. We were hearing a report on how startfeet people were just disappearing with out any cause. About that time, two people began to scream as they just faded away into thin air.

Next, I remember I was in a dorm room like setting, and was laying face first on a bed, and I remember a couple of people in the room saying it was Romulans taking people and not only making them disappear, but erasing them from time.

Then, as I was listening, I hand reached up from the side of the bed and took a hold of my hand. I jumped up and looked around and I saw an Alien (not romulan) grabbing people in the room and killing them as they disappeared.
.... lol, I guess I am a little too excited about the new movie.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:59 PM
Midshipman

I have never had a Star Trek dream.
Old 02-06-2008, 02:48 PM
Ensign

I had a few Trek dreams back when DS9 was still on the air (original run).

I can't remember the specifics. Only that they included Klingons.

I don't recall having any dreams when watching the other series.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Commander

I dreamt once that some guy from Sec. 31 was planning to activate a super powerful nuclear device using the nerve energy of a squillion or so live shrimp.

Then I woke up before it could end. Hate it when that happens.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha
Default How is this for weird?

I had a dream a few weeks ago which was averagely weird:

I was first of all in a jousting stadium sort of thing where all the jousters were Cybermen from Doctor Who and those other ones from Battlestar Galactica (I have not ever watched that one).Then I was on a Star Trek style Space Station where lots of people were sleeping and one person was singing in the colour turquoise (if you have heard of synaesthesia you might know what I mean). Then, the Cybermen and friends turned hostile (at this point Arthur Dent of Hitchhikers was in the corner of the room) and out of a pond with flowers a Klingon erupted and proceeded to tear apart a Cyberman with an exceedingly wobbly plastic blade weapon. Having done this he (rather politely) asked for a proper warriors blade, which he received. In my dream I experienced a further two days in which the Klingon pursued the Cyberman to destroy them all. At one point, a Cardassin was threatening us and Doctor Bashir came and played the Klingons blade like a flute.

Then I woke up.