The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Off Topic Discussions > I made a decision
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Commander

FYI ... I am aiming to become a citizen, but I need to get the $500+ fee.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:05 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiin View Post
Besides the fact that Bill probably cries WAY more than Hillary ....... which isn't a slam against Bill ............ just a reality of what a hard *** Hillary is.
I've heard somewhere that Bill and Hillary are kind of opposite between their public and personal erm, personas.

Bill comes across as slightly laid back, easy going, personable and likeable on stage, however he gets a little cold in person, with a strong suspicious streak.

Hillary comes across as a hardass on stage with speeches etc., but is aparrently really friendly face to face, personable etc.

Our current President, with whom I have issues, actually is supposed to be a lot more eloquent and sharp when he's not reading from the teleprompter and shooting from the hip.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:15 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
Bill comes across as slightly laid back, easy going, personable and likeable on stage, however he gets a little cold in person, with a strong suspicious streak.
I think the Bill we've seen lately has been much more negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBuckFilms View Post
Our current President, with whom I have issues, actually is supposed to be a lot more eloquent and sharp when he's not reading from the teleprompter and shooting from the hip.
So, when he's not being President?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready Room View Post
hmmm. that is a hard question to answer. if it creates a rift between the members, don't. But everyone should know that everyone has their own opinions and it is not our right to change it or insult it.

just my tow cents, vote Quimby
LOL

Homer - Take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're nothing but hideous space reptiles (Kang and Kodos become revealed).

Kang - It's true. We are aliens, but what are you going to do about it? It's a two party system. You have to vote for one of us.

Crowd mumbles - he's right, it's a two party system.

Crowd member - Well, I beleive I'll vote for a third party candidate.

Kodos - Go ahead, throw your vote away!

Kang and Kodos - maniacal laughter....
Old 02-08-2008, 12:35 AM
Ensign

@Ktrek:
At first, thank you for your open thoughts. It is faszinating to to hear, that a change from a supporter of the GOP to Obama is possible. Especially as a texas citizen.

I understand the thoughts of NCC-73515 if a Star Trek forum is the right place for a political discussion. In europe (may be specially germany) people often suspicious about political discussions and political advertising, because we are thinking this will seperate the people and not uniting them (our history? - may be). But a lot of the users are thinking it is ok, so it will be ok.

I like political discussions very much and I am very interesting about the Pre-elections in the USA. Yes, and I have an opinion about a good candidate for the President chair. But I am not a citizen of the USA, so my opinion is not important for an american, i think. We have to live with it, what the USA are voting for.

Only some thoughts from the distant:
Obama: Well, I think a good candidate. Young, powerful, visions, no special obligations in Washington yet. But not a lot expieriences in work like this, only 3 years as a senator in D.C. What will he do, if the GOP is attacking him as a candidate for the Dems? I hope a lot they don't want attack him with religion, racism and something like that.

HRC: Ouhh, I can't see her crying in the White house. I think, she is a strong woman with a lot of expierience. Senator since 2000, background work in the white house. Yes, she wants power, but that are wanting all candidates. I think the administration clinton was a success. Low deficite spending, good economy politics and good ideas with health care (poorly no chances in a GOP senate). The failure: They a seperating the people in the USA "love her or hate her". The private war agains Newt Gringich and the neo cons.

McCain: in my opinion the real "stand up kid". In summer 2007 no money, no voters and now the candidate (where has been Rudy?). He has a chance against the Dems because he can fish the undecided voters in the middle. But he is a little bit old with 71 and the right wing of the GOP is not realy amused about him. But with Huckabee as runing mate, may be.

My meaning with no preferences:
HRC/Edwards against McCain/Huckabee
Old 02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Ensign

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC-73515 View Post
Should a Trek forum be used for political debates?
Rename the thread 'the council chamber on Babel,' or something to that effect, and I think it's perfectly legit. lol.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Ensign

With Obama's wins over the weekend and probable wins on Tuesday it looks like Hillary is losing momentum. I just hope the super delegates can't come up with enough votes to set up Hillary anyway.

Kevin
Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Ensign

Wow, hot tuesday again. German media speeking about a clear win in Virgina, Maryland and D.C. for Obama. I think now, it depends on Texas and Ohio, if HRC will still have a chance.
And may be, can the super delgates vote against their base party members?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Midshipman

I voted for Obama yesterday in Virginia. And he won! (I really support Ron Paul though.)
Old 02-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabYerWocky View Post
I voted for Obama yesterday in Virginia. And he won! (I really support Ron Paul though.)
I really like Ron Paul but unfortunately he does not even have a chance.

Kevin