The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > ST:XI Shirts - A geek question.
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2008, 07:27 AM
Lieutenant

There is a time and place for everything. Didn't Patrick Stewart have a rule in place that people not attend his plays in costume (or was it just autograph seekers?).

Good story (and advice) about the Klingon at First Contact ..... I'll be sure not to approach anyone with a phaser.

Sad thing about bat'leths where I live is that the local knife stores have been forbidden to sell them anymore, they have been deemed too dangerous. There are still backrooms in Chinatown you can get them at. Cool thing to have on your wall, not so cool in a dark alley.

Last edited by Sybock : 12-07-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 12-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post
I stopped playing Trekkie dress-up in 1975. I stopped hanging around with most of my Trekkie acquaintances when they didn't stop playing Trekkie dress-up in 1975.

When Star Wars came out it got even worse and I became rather adept at the facepalm, later made famous by none other than JLP.
You need to lighten up, man!! Have fun with things. Why always the hater?
Old 12-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatjosh View Post
PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Dont Wear A Shirt On Opening Day. This Is What Doesn't Attract Young People. Youngers Will Think Its Still Wierd, So They Won't Go See It.

i dont know tomcat , i was thinking to wear my combadge
Old 12-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Corrigan View Post
Then there was the guy who walked up and down the line with a picket sign that had a picture of Jar Jar Binks on it. I can't remember exactly what he was saying, but he kept yelling out something like, "Jar Jar has feelings too! Stop the hate!"
Too bad there will be no more Star Wars movies coming out - I would SO do this on a night off, just to see how people react.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:39 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ1701 View Post
You need to lighten up, man!! Have fun with things. Why always the hater?
Dude, don't tell me. I'm one of the people supporting the new flick.

Just because I won't hang with you if you're in costume doesn't make me a hater.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 AM
Commander

I'm not wearing a uniform shirt, and I wouldn't reccomend it because there will be a lot of people there (a whole lot of people) who aren't trekkies and who aren't understanding of us and who aren't used to us and you could be letting yourself in for a lot of ridicule (not that we all don't know how THAT is!), I'm just going to have an "I Grok Spock!" T-shirt made and I'll wear that and have everyone who's not over 40 wondering what the heck it means.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Captain

IF I were going: same thing as everywhere else. Black BDU pants, gray 5.11 Tactical tuck-in shirt, black leather jacket. I like the look, but I have a certain preference for it staying on the screen.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 12-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsieurHood View Post
I'm not wearing a uniform shirt, and I wouldn't reccomend it because there will be a lot of people there (a whole lot of people) who aren't trekkies and who aren't understanding of us and who aren't used to us and you could be letting yourself in for a lot of ridicule (not that we all don't know how THAT is!), I'm just going to have an "I Grok Spock!" T-shirt made and I'll wear that and have everyone who's not over 40 wondering what the heck it means.
I like that Idea, I just found a Red Shirt on amazon that simply says "Expendable" in Star Trek Font and without the insignia.
Old 12-07-2008, 02:56 PM
Vice Admiral

Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Terra - ZZ9 PluralZAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybock View Post
I like that Idea, I just found a Red Shirt on amazon that simply says "Expendable" in Star Trek Font and without the insignia.
I got that last year for my birthday, and a friend of Simon Pegg singled me out as a Trekling because of it!

(And an indirectly founding patron of the Elizadolots Avatar Thingy.)
Old 12-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Rear Admiral

I dunno I had a wonder experience even though my friends and family said I was a "super-geek" for getting married at the Star Trek Experience in Vegas last April. My wife and I had a great time, as well as our guests. Even my step-son (who I newly introduced to Star Trek) thought it was fun to dress up and be on the bridge of the Enterpise. Aside from the fact I married a wonderful friend and confidant, the fact she agreed to it was spectacular. So dressing up is not as silly as it seem to me...IMO If you lose the ability to play and have fun then you do truly grow old.