The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > 2 Reasons why Trekkers & Trekkies need to Relax
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGunsTomcat View Post
The only thing I never understood about TNG...casting Patrick Stewart as a french guy....why not just cast him as a British man in command. What are they so afraid of???? I SAY LET A BRIT TAKE HER OUT FOR ONCE.
Because during the chaos of WWIII, the issue over which crown controls which realm was finally resolved....France is actually part of Britain.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin View Post
I think it's coz we drive on the different side of the road, in the future we're not trusted with starships - I mean put a Brit in charge (and a female as well) and all you get are two crashed Enterprises!
lol

I lived in England for 2 years. A little town called Dewsbury in Leeds....

And I lived with a woman named Claire whom I happened to be having sexual relations with...

And when this woman drove....I was terrified. Everyone drives so fast and crazy over there. But the cars are so tiny. Here you're in a truck the size of a small house and the roads are huge.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
lol

I lived in England for 2 years. A little town called Dewsbury in Leeds....

And I lived with a woman named Claire whom I happened to be having sexual relations with...

And when this woman drove....I was terrified. Everyone drives so fast and crazy over there. But the cars are so tiny. Here you're in a truck the size of a small house and the roads are huge.
I know in these environmental times it goes against what we should be saying, but I hate that our cars are tiny as well. I drive one of them. But I love pick-up trucks and SUV's, I look at the US websites for them and drool!! Especially the F-150/250 and Dodge RAM. Don't get me started on the new Challenger either!
Old 11-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
I know in these environmental times it goes against what we should be saying, but I hate that our cars are tiny as well. I drive one of them. But I love pick-up trucks and SUV's, I look at the US websites for them and drool!! Especially the F-150/250 and Dodge RAM. Don't get me started on the new Challenger either!
Ohhhhh duuuuuuuude

I got to see one of those last week....that baby will GO.

I mean don't get me wrong there are alot of superior car manufacturers in Europe...but give me good old American Muscle anyday.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Ohhhhh duuuuuuuude

I got to see one of those last week....that baby will GO.

I mean don't get me wrong there are alot of superior car manufacturers in Europe...but give me good old American Muscle anyday.
There are indeed, and they may be mechanically superior here and all that, but none of them get the heart beating like the presence muscle cars have. It's the sheer road presence.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
There are indeed, and they may be mechanically superior here and all that, but none of them get the heart beating like the presence muscle cars have. It's the sheer road presence.
I used to own a 1979 Camaro. I used to drag race it against guys when I lived in Memphis, TN. That car was amazing. I would take that car against any little Supra or any of those crap toy cars anyday.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:16 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
I used to own a 1979 Camaro. I used to drag race it against guys when I lived in Memphis, TN. That car was amazing. I would take that car against any little Supra or any of those crap toy cars anyday.
There are too many, though I also like the Impala from 'Supernatural'. I don't know if it's a real sound effect, but when it's engine starts up! The Cameros were good looking too, GTO's, there was another curvy one as well - Stingrays? I'm thinking Corvette as well. I'm not well versed on all the models, but I'm trying to learn them better. I used to just look at them, now I'm trying to learn about them as some of the production variations are interesting.

But the Challenger is my favourite, the lines are just great on that car! The old and the new!

Though I think we've now drifted the thread ever so slightly!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
There are too many, though I also like the Impala from 'Supernatural'. I don't know if it's a real sound effect, but when it's engine starts up! The Cameros were good looking too, GTO's, there was another curvy one as well - Stingrays? I'm thinking Corvette as well. I'm not well versed on all the models, but I'm trying to learn them better. I used to just look at them, now I'm trying to learn about them as some of the production variations are interesting.

But the Challenger is my favourite, the lines are just great on that car! The old and the new!

Though I think we've now drifted the thread ever so slightly!
Ah who cares...we were all just saying the same thing over and over.

This is my baby:

I wish it was cheap to dropship cars because I would have brought it with me to the UK. Though I don't think they would have tolerated it very long...she's loud and mean and fast.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:25 PM
Federation Councillor

She's a beauty! Was she a restoration or always well maintained?

There are actually plenty of examples here, in my own town there's a few modern imports (Navigators, Explorers, F-150, Crown Victorias and the Chrysler 300c is sold here alongside the Sebring, Crossfire etc and Dodge have begun to sell here as well), but obviously your example is much rarer here. But the cost of importing is too much for me to do.

It's so weird, because I used to have when I was a kid a Matchstick toy car collection that was gigantic, and I had a couple of those in toy form!
Old 11-30-2008, 06:29 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
She's a beauty! Was she a restoration or always well maintained?

There are actually plenty of examples here, in my own town there's a few modern imports (Navigators, Explorers, F-150, Crown Victorias and the Chrysler 300c is sold here alongside the Sebring, Crossfire etc and Dodge have begun to sell here as well), but obviously your example is much rarer here. But the cost of importing is too much for me to do.

It's so weird, because I used to have when I was a kid a Matchstick toy car collection that was gigantic, and I had a couple of those in toy form!
It's actually the old man's car...he passed it to me...he always took care of her and so shall I. Completely rebuilt engine...400 horsepower....0 to 60 in 4.3. She's not one to be toyed with by import cars at all.