The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Nimoy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the new small scene?
100% Perfect. Brought a tear to my eye. 56 83.58%
The hair should be more black. 3 4.48%
Hair should be entirely white. 0 0%
Too short... 7 10.45%
Other (please state) 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
grup's Avatar
grup grup is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 58
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post
This is what 40 years looks like.


This is what 240 years looks like.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
vuedoc's Avatar
vuedoc vuedoc is offline
Captain
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,931
Default

A class act all the way!
__________________
"Stop it? I'm counting on it."
"But not because you threaten me. I'll pay you because... it's my pleasure."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Oregon_Coast_Trekkie's Avatar
Oregon_Coast_Trekkie Oregon_Coast_Trekkie is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean4000 View Post
This is supposed to be a ~20 year older version of "Reunification" Spock, Right? I think he's spot on.

And yes, it brought a serious tear to my eye. I loved the snippet. Nimoy's back!
I think this Spock has to be more than 20 years older than Unification Spock. After all, that Spock was another 80ish years older than Spock from TUC and didn't look a day older. So we can look at 3 possiblities: Vulcans go downhill really quickly, it is more than 20 years past Unification, or there's the possibility of "canon error" in Unification.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 AM
AJBlue98's Avatar
AJBlue98 AJBlue98 is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
I think this Spock has to be more than 20 years older than Unification Spock. After all, that Spock was another 80ish years older than Spock from TUC and didn't look a day older. So we can look at 3 possiblities: Vulcans go downhill really quickly, it is more than 20 years past Unification, or there's the possibility of "canon error" in Unification.
Aye—that's why I voted for more black.

It's always been held that (relative to humans), Vulcans’ aging comes to a virtual stop somewhere between the early 30s and mid-60s. We have T’Pol, who was in her 60s during the events of Enterprise; Sarek, who was approximately 200 during “Reunification;” Tuvok, who was in the early part of his second century on Voyager; and Spock for reference.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 11-26-2008, 06:46 AM
WildGunsTomcat's Avatar
WildGunsTomcat WildGunsTomcat is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
I think this Spock has to be more than 20 years older than Unification Spock. After all, that Spock was another 80ish years older than Spock from TUC and didn't look a day older. So we can look at 3 possiblities: Vulcans go downhill really quickly, it is more than 20 years past Unification, or there's the possibility of "canon error" in Unification.
Oregon...I mean no disrespect at all. That being said....you just said Canon Error....and this is my response to that:

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-26-2008, 07:20 AM
miles3347 miles3347 is offline
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 178
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
I think this Spock has to be more than 20 years older than Unification Spock. After all, that Spock was another 80ish years older than Spock from TUC and didn't look a day older. So we can look at 3 possiblities: Vulcans go downhill really quickly, it is more than 20 years past Unification, or there's the possibility of "canon error" in Unification.
According to the Star Trek Chronology book Spock was 135 years old in the first season of Next Generation he would be 139 in episode Unification and 150 years during Nemesis if you follow the seven years since Nemesis came out as the point were Spock goes back in time he would be 157 years old of if Nero cares out the plan one to two years after Nemesis he would be 151-152 years old.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-26-2008, 08:56 AM
exerion's Avatar
exerion exerion is offline
Ensign
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rancagua-Chile
Posts: 29
Default

Old Spock die in this movie?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Enterprise Captain's Avatar
Enterprise Captain Enterprise Captain is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON Canada
Posts: 1,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBlue98 View Post
Aye—that's why I voted for more black.

It's always been held that (relative to humans), Vulcans’ aging comes to a virtual stop somewhere between the early 30s and mid-60s. We have T’Pol, who was in her 60s during the events of Enterprise; Sarek, who was approximately 200 during “Reunification;” Tuvok, who was in the early part of his second century on Voyager; and Spock for reference.
Humans get grey hair at different ages so it's possible Vulcans do too. I have a buddy who is 25 and he is already going salt and pepper. I'm going on 26 and the last couple of weeks I've noticed a few individual grey hairs popping up (scary). Look at that dude on American Idol.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Yagami Crewman's Avatar
Yagami Crewman Yagami Crewman is offline
Commander
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Goose Creek, South Carolina
Posts: 1,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles3347 View Post
According to the Star Trek Chronology book Spock was 135 years old in the first season of Next Generation he would be 139 in episode Unification and 150 years during Nemesis if you follow the seven years since Nemesis came out as the point were Spock goes back in time he would be 157 years old of if Nero cares out the plan one to two years after Nemesis he would be 151-152 years old.
Again... How long has he been back in the 23rd century?
__________________
Ever notice that many of the same people who want variety in life frown very hard on vanilla... But without Vanilla, Baskin Robbins just wouldn't BE 31 flavors.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.