The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Nimoy
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the new small scene?
100% Perfect. Brought a tear to my eye. 56 83.58%
The hair should be more black. 3 4.48%
Hair should be entirely white. 0 0%
Too short... 7 10.45%
Other (please state) 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmoore View Post
This is what 40 years looks like.

This is what 240 years looks like.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Captain

A class act all the way!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean4000 View Post
This is supposed to be a ~20 year older version of "Reunification" Spock, Right? I think he's spot on.

And yes, it brought a serious tear to my eye. I loved the snippet. Nimoy's back!
I think this Spock has to be more than 20 years older than Unification Spock. After all, that Spock was another 80ish years older than Spock from TUC and didn't look a day older. So we can look at 3 possiblities: Vulcans go downhill really quickly, it is more than 20 years past Unification, or there's the possibility of "canon error" in Unification.
Old 11-26-2008, 05:50 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon_Coast_Trekkie View Post
I think this Spock has to be more than 20 years older than Unification Spock. After all, that Spock was another 80ish years older than Spock from TUC and didn't look a day older. So we can look at 3 possiblities: Vulcans go downhill really quickly, it is more than 20 years past Unification, or there's the possibility of "canon error" in Unification.
Aye—that's why I voted for more black.

It's always been held that (relative to humans), Vulcans’ aging comes to a virtual stop somewhere between the early 30s and mid-60s. We have T’Pol, who was in her 60s during the events of Enterprise; Sarek, who was approximately 200 during “Reunification;” Tuvok, who was in the early part of his second century on Voyager; and Spock for reference.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:46 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Oregon...I mean no disrespect at all. That being said....you just said Canon Error....and this is my response to that:

Old 11-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Smile

Quote:
According to the Star Trek Chronology book Spock was 135 years old in the first season of Next Generation he would be 139 in episode Unification and 150 years during Nemesis if you follow the seven years since Nemesis came out as the point were Spock goes back in time he would be 157 years old of if Nero cares out the plan one to two years after Nemesis he would be 151-152 years old.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Ensign

Old Spock die in this movie?
Old 11-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBlue98 View Post
Aye—that's why I voted for more black.

It's always been held that (relative to humans), Vulcans’ aging comes to a virtual stop somewhere between the early 30s and mid-60s. We have T’Pol, who was in her 60s during the events of Enterprise; Sarek, who was approximately 200 during “Reunification;” Tuvok, who was in the early part of his second century on Voyager; and Spock for reference.
Humans get grey hair at different ages so it's possible Vulcans do too. I have a buddy who is 25 and he is already going salt and pepper. I'm going on 26 and the last couple of weeks I've noticed a few individual grey hairs popping up (scary). Look at that dude on American Idol.
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles3347 View Post
According to the Star Trek Chronology book Spock was 135 years old in the first season of Next Generation he would be 139 in episode Unification and 150 years during Nemesis if you follow the seven years since Nemesis came out as the point were Spock goes back in time he would be 157 years old of if Nero cares out the plan one to two years after Nemesis he would be 151-152 years old.
Again... How long has he been back in the 23rd century?