The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Ship corridor
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Commander

Based on the context of the image, NCC-1701, I think it is fairly safe to assume that this is from one of the lower decks of the Enterprise, perhaps Engineering.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Lieutenant

Hmmm, a steampunk enterprise

As for the suggestion that this is the appearance during construction, the two images aren't just a visual "skin" but a major dimensional reconstruction, implausible.
Old 11-24-2008, 02:32 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Smile boules of the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by aef6259 View Post
Has anyone else noticed the difference:

Image of corridor from www.ncc-1701.com:

Image from Memory Alpha

A screenshot from the 2nd trailer:

Screenshot from TrekMovie.com

My best guesses are that they are different parts of the ship or a completely different ship or building / station.
Any other thoughts?

On the final frontier Scotty was using the large corrodes to move around that had a bunch of utility conduits lining the walls allowing him to break out Kirk, bones, Spock. Their probably in the boules of the ship the Enterprise D had them. They only showed them in one episode
Old 11-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles3347 View Post
On the final frontier Scotty was using the large corrodes to move around that had a bunch of utility conduits lining the walls allowing him to break out Kirk, bones, Spock. Their probably in the boules of the ship the Enterprise D had them. They only showed them in one episode
Are you referring to Jeffies tubes and such? If so, this in the top photo is a large corridor, not a J-tube or an access duct.

I can see the merits of this being some below-decks Engineering section, though, as several have suggested. Though I'm still guessing it's an early-era ship's interior.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 11-24-2008, 07:11 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTJG Iferal View Post
Got a point, there. It looked somehow LESS futuristic. I suppose that if the progression continued naturally, the Enterprise-K would be steampunk and have rusty catwalks for decks.

The NCC-1701-Q:
Old 11-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrous View Post
Wasn't the more industrial corridor the image from the ncc-1701 shipyard website? Could it be that, that image is actually how the corridors looked while the ship was still being constructed?
that's a possibility but in the top picture the ceiling looks too narrow
Old 11-24-2008, 09:20 PM
Commander

I figure that the top one could indeed be the Enterprise, too - just a different section. The curved corridor makes me think of the saucer section, where curves would be necessary, while the exposed pipes in the other corridor (which is actually curved too :/) remind me of the 'engineering' corridors seen on the Enterprise-A at various times, such as when Scotty hilariously smacks his head on a pipe in one of Star Trek V's many outrageous comedy highlights.

Any fans of the computer game Portal here? Notice the Weighted Companion Cube icon on the left side of the dark corridor?

Old 11-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I figure that the top one could indeed be the Enterprise, too - just a different section. The curved corridor makes me think of the saucer section, where curves would be necessary, while the exposed pipes in the other corridor (which is actually curved too :/) remind me of the 'engineering' corridors seen on the Enterprise-A at various times, such as when Scotty hilariously smacks his head on a pipe in one of Star Trek V's many outrageous comedy highlights.

Any fans of the computer game Portal here? Notice the Weighted Companion Cube icon on the left side of the dark corridor?
Very good point...
Old 11-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Captain

I'll say it again. This does not look like a photograph or film still or screen cap to me. It looks like a painting. I'm betting it's early draft concept art.

Old 11-25-2008, 02:11 AM
Captain

Unsurprisingly, I liked the darker/perhaps-concept-art corridor far better than the Tantive IV-esque corridor.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."