The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > General Star Trek Discussions > Which Star Trek had the best Theme?
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Ensign

TOS series and FIRST CONTACT
Old 02-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimetrekker View Post
The Original Series and I'll be tricky here and say Star Trek: The Motion Picture which is actually TNG theme. I just like the full orchestra treatment of it in the movie.
I'll be tricky too because I was thinking the same thing

Old 02-12-2008, 09:54 AM
Lieutenant

I'm recording some keyboards for a friends metal band, and in return they will help me do a fun/silly heavy metal cover of my favorite star trek theme!

Voyager! It always reminded me of like.....Holst's the planets or something epic and moving like that.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAlertRiker View Post
I'm recording some keyboards for a friends metal band, and in return they will help me do a fun/silly heavy metal cover of my favorite star trek theme!

Voyager! It always reminded me of like.....Holst's the planets or something epic and moving like that.
Pretty cool pretty cool! Yeah I'd have to say Voyager is my fav. I love Holst's The Planets... It is the most influential collection when it comes to movie theme music. Composer's like John Williams reference it all the time.

http://www.dianahuang.com
Old 02-12-2008, 10:07 AM
Ensign

Default Voyager, man

Yea, I'd have to go with Voyager. It's fitting because VOY was the first Trek show I watched in it's original airings from Beginning to end. I like the second version of the DS9 Song (The first one was so boring). Of course, The TOS song is classic. Anyone hears that song and immediately can answer ,"That's Star Trek" whether they utter the patented "STAR TREK IS FOR NERDS" or "STAR TREK SUCKS" expression or not.

When I was kid i could play the TNG and VOY songs on the piano....Wow, I had nothing to do during those times. I would just sit there @ the piano and listen to the soundtracks (My mother bought me the SoundTrack CD; it had a Trailer to First contact on it, So probably around '96) and figure out how it went by ear. LOL my piano was seriously out of tune, so it was hard!
Old 02-12-2008, 05:14 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconius View Post
The theme that really encompasses Star Trek for me is Jerry Goldsmith's theme from The Motion Picture, which was then adopted for TNG. I find it majestic, optimistic and exciting, which is how Gene Roddenberry's vision for Star Trek has always struck me. The best way to illustrate the feeling I get when I hear this music is in The Motion Picture, when we see the Enterprise in spacedock, immediately after the shuttlecraft with Kirk and Scotty on board turns around and we're facing the ship head on. I get a rush every time I see that scene!
I know just how you feel. That theme really defines Star Trek for me. I also liked Voyager's theme, personally. Even ENT's theme in seasons 3 and 4 wasn't bad, in its own way.