The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > If you could make a ST XI you would have..???
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2008, 09:45 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Note: The new foe has powerful regenerative ships and weapons of immense destruction, they are also the creators of the planet killer as seen in the Doomsday Machine.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117731/

Old 11-22-2008, 11:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukalaka View Post
Sorry. Definitely not Borg. Not even remotely.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 11-23-2008, 12:40 AM
Vice Admiral

if i could make a trek xi i could be JJ,the man is brilliant
Old 11-23-2008, 02:45 AM
Lieutenant

http://www.startrekmovie.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4022
Old 11-23-2008, 03:02 AM
Captain

No time travel. No Borg. No species in the film that weren't seen until TNG and after.

Opens with an antiquated 22nd century Earth Starfleet ship, the Lexington NX-04, dropping out of warp and drifting toward Earth. The ship is hailed, no response. Then it's scanned -- there's no life aboard and no power. The Farragut plots an intercept and sends a landing party -- which then disappears from sensors. A moment later, so does the Farragut.

Well, that's the opening scene, anyway.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 11-23-2008, 03:27 AM
Vice Admiral

Actually, I have always wanted to see the original Enterprise NCC-1701 under the command of Captain Robert April. Why couldn't they have made a movie about the early adventures of April and his crew when the ship was launched in 2245? That's really what I was hoping for with 'ENT", but oh well.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:39 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-Zim View Post
Actually, I have always wanted to see the original Enterprise NCC-1701 under the command of Captain Robert April. Why couldn't they have made a movie about the early adventures of April and his crew when the ship was launched in 2245? That's really what I was hoping for with 'ENT", but oh well.
There was plenty of room, with April, for telling fresh story within the rules. But gosh, golly and gee whiz! Updating the look of the interiors and exteriors, fully realizing it is just so much harder than throwing it all out! It's so haaaaaaaard, man! Easier to throw LCDs and polished aluminum and flash everywhere, hope that only 10% know you were a lazy *** and rely on the other 90% who are under 20 and either don't know or don't care that they're being cheated to shout the 10% down.
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."
Old 11-23-2008, 04:08 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
No time travel. No Borg. No species in the film that weren't seen until TNG and after.

Opens with an antiquated 22nd century Earth Starfleet ship, the Lexington NX-04, dropping out of warp and drifting toward Earth. The ship is hailed, no response. Then it's scanned -- there's no life aboard and no power. The Farragut plots an intercept and sends a landing party -- which then disappears from sensors. A moment later, so does the Farragut.

Well, that's the opening scene, anyway.
IShould Use That As A Storyline For Star Trek: Sovereign, With Your Permision!-

Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 AM
Captain

I'm a doctor, not a scriptwriter, but if I had any say, I'd forget about time-travel for starters and stick to everything that was true at the start of TOS. I would expane upon every hint at a back story from all of TOS and the movies e.g.: Tarsus/Kodus, Carol Marcus, Finnegan, David McCoy's illness, Spock's defiance of Sarek, Pike's experiences on Rigel, Chekov's relationship with the hippie chick, etc... as an attempt to make everything we've seen afterwards make sense. How many of us smiled during the opening of Indy III: The last Crusade? The problem is that the story I'd want to see would be lacking in "what the movie audiences want" according to TPTB who supposedly know better than I do. Frankly, I think there's plenty of action and flash to be had looking into the past of our TOS characters and effective and creative writers could have a field day with it all. I guess that would take too much energy though with too little return for Paramount. Therefore... we all know the rest.
Old 11-23-2008, 07:00 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuedoc View Post
I'm a doctor, not a scriptwriter, ....
That reminded me soooo much of McCoy!!!

I have absolutley NO creativity. I can't hatch a story completely out of my head that is new or original. I can criticize a story AFTER watching it!! Does that count?