The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Youtube Review of Star Trek trailer
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2008, 06:48 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
You know if this was a bad movie...Nimoy wouldn't know...he probably has a small part and many times the actors don't know how the parts come out in the end.
I'll have to disagree based on what co-writer/co-producer Bob Orci said months ago:

1) Orci and Kurtzman asked for Nimoy's approval of the story concept BEFORE they wrote the script.

2) Orci said if Nimoy had not agreed to reprise his role in the film, they could NOT have proceeded with this script. They'd have had to write another story.

3) Nimoy's span in the production schedule lasted several months, roughly from Dec 2007 to perhaps late March or very early April 2008. That's way too long to have only a tiny cameo in this film.

I certainly agree that Nimoy doesn't have a starring role in this film, but given all the above, I expect more of an appearance than just a short scene or two. We'll see soon.

MISSION:TREK's in-depth review of STAR TREK

Proud member of the Friends of Zardoz Association. Avatar courtesy of Eliza's House of Avatars with three convenient locations near you. Free balloons for the kids!
Old 11-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Federation Councillor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionTrek08 View Post
I'll have to disagree based on what co-writer/co-producer Bob Orci said months ago:

1) Orci and Kurtzman asked for Nimoy's approval of the story concept BEFORE they wrote the script.

2) Orci said if Nimoy had not agreed to reprise his role in the film, they could NOT have proceeded with this script. They'd have had to write another story.

3) Nimoy's span in the production schedule lasted several months, roughly from Dec 2007 to perhaps late March or very early April 2008. That's way too long to have only a tiny cameo in this film.

I certainly agree that Nimoy doesn't have a starring role in this film, but given all the above, I expect more of an appearance than just a short scene or two. We'll see soon.
Ditto!

Nimoy's participation and approval was key to getting this story off the ground, irrespective of his final amount of screen time. If 40 years of his character was being erased as part of a rebbot, I can't imagine him agreeing to that.