The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Atleast it ain't the new Clone wars
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-22-2008, 12:35 PM
ShinjiIkari's Avatar
ShinjiIkari ShinjiIkari is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Default Atleast it ain't the new Clone wars

I know some of you don't like the new reboot of Star trek. I am one of the groups of people that dose. But in the long term it ain't the new Clone wars.

I know that J J was at the premire, but did he liike it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-22-2008, 12:42 PM
HRH The KING's Avatar
HRH The KING HRH The KING is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Royal Estates
Posts: 733
Default

I tried to watch two or three episodes of "The Clone Wars"

But I had a problem. I noticed a pattern for every episode.

1- Clones fire at droids.
2- Droids fire at clones.
3- Repeat for 21 minutes.
4- End of episode.

Also, I just don't think this era of Star Wars is that interesting. If it were a post Episode III series featuring Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi, or a post Episode VI series showing Luke, Leia, Lando, Chewie, Han etc...building a new Republic, THEN it would have been interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

I think it was an intresting time in Star Wars done in a very very unintresting, and uninteligent format.

If it was like the Clone Wars Cartoon I would love it automaticly (Star Trek reboot) That was a smart and dedicated and exciting production...

This new crap looks like more of Lucas milking his trillogy for the heck of it.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-22-2008, 12:50 PM
ShinjiIkari's Avatar
ShinjiIkari ShinjiIkari is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH The KING View Post
I tried to watch two or three episodes of "The Clone Wars"

But I had a problem. I noticed a pattern for every episode.

1- Clones fire at droids.
2- Droids fire at clones.
3- Repeat for 21 minutes.
4- End of episode.

Also, I just don't think this era of Star Wars is that interesting. If it were a post Episode III series featuring Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi, or a post Episode VI series showing Luke, Leia, Lando, Chewie, Han etc...building a new Republic, THEN it would have been interesting.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=1318

I don't know who made ANH drawing at sideshow but they look simalar to Clone wars style of animation. I'd love to see that take place myself


Why George why?????
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-22-2008, 01:04 PM
MigueldaRican's Avatar
MigueldaRican MigueldaRican is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 765
Default

My God.... This really is going to be like Indiana Jones 4 or Star Wars prequels and the movie isn't gonna be out for several months yet...

I'm not talking about the film's quality obviously I'm talking about the attitudes a lot of you are going to bring to the theater. Just... crap.

Seriously, I'll put it to a test and see how much of you are badmouthing this new movie now and see how much of you are still doing it after the film. Chances are, it'll be the same. You go in expecting a sucky movie because you can't accept any new vision on the subject, you'll come out and that's the very movie you're going to get... Some of you just need to stay the f away from this movie. Seriously.
__________________
01001110011011110010000001101101011011110111001001 10010100100000011000100110110001100001011010000010 00000110001001101100011000010110100000100000011000 10011011000110000101101000
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-22-2008, 01:17 PM
ShinjiIkari's Avatar
ShinjiIkari ShinjiIkari is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigueldaRican View Post
My God.... This really is going to be like Indiana Jones 4 or Star Wars prequels and the movie isn't gonna be out for several months yet...

I'm not talking about the film's quality obviously I'm talking about the attitudes a lot of you are going to bring to the theater. Just... crap.

Seriously, I'll put it to a test and see how much of you are badmouthing this new movie now and see how much of you are still doing it after the film. Chances are, it'll be the same. You go in expecting a sucky movie because you can't accept any new vision on the subject, you'll come out and that's the very movie you're going to get... Some of you just need to stay the f away from this movie. Seriously.
Yea I'm excited about it to. I've already bought the Blu ray(meaning that I know I'll be buying it when it's released.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-22-2008, 01:26 PM
ShinjiIkari's Avatar
ShinjiIkari ShinjiIkari is offline
Midshipman
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 19
Default

And I loved the original version of clone wars. I was dissapointed when Genndy Tartakovsky wasn't on board.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-22-2008, 02:30 PM
Saquist's Avatar
Saquist Saquist is offline
Fleet Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 11,257
Default

They took him off because he did a better job than Lucas and people were saying so, so Lucas decided to take his place.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-22-2008, 03:54 PM
MigueldaRican's Avatar
MigueldaRican MigueldaRican is offline
Lieutenant Commander
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
They took him off because he did a better job than Lucas and people were saying so, so Lucas decided to take his place.
referrence needed
__________________
01001110011011110010000001101101011011110111001001 10010100100000011000100110110001100001011010000010 00000110001001101100011000010110100000100000011000 10011011000110000101101000
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
tomcatjosh's Avatar
tomcatjosh tomcatjosh is offline
Vice Admiral
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 3,803
Default

I Show'd A SW Fan ( 3Rd Grader) The New Big E, But Told Him It Was A New Star Wars Ship. He Buyed It, And Thought It Was Awesome! Then I Told Him It Was Trek.....

HE CANT WAIT!!
__________________


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:50 PM.


Forum theme courtesy of Mark Lambert
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 by Paramount Pictures. STAR TREK and all related
marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.