The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Is it the same Enterprise??????
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2008, 01:04 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
The same way the 1701-B, C, D or E don't. Is this really such a tricky concept? Does anyone here confuse a HMMWV for a Ferrari Enzo? Seats, wheels, hood, trunk, engine, windows -- is it your opinion that those two vehicles are identical as well?
i think you and a few others are finding this new trek movie a little hard to understand. The original model was a sleek beasty, but the times have changed, we have moved on, we are in 2008 and a new trek is coming. we have the characters and a ship, with some subtle tweaks, we shall see how it all pans out. If you want to use a car analagy, check out the original dodge charger, and then the latest version. Same car, moved with the times..something that sometimes its a good thing to do...
Old 11-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjcrawford View Post
You know, the Ent-D actually brings up a very good point, we all know that design that works on TV does not generally translate to film, which is why they blew up the D in Generations. [/font]
This is a good point. You need a new ship for the big screen, simple as that, no matter whether it looks better or worse.
I consider the D to look better than the E, but she is designed for the little screen.
Besides, design coherence is important as well, a redesigned interior which does not fit with the same old exterior.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Ensign

sorry guys and appreciate the comments yeah i do use realxed englisush syntax in the forum but misquoting still get on my nerves

sorry guy
btw love the avatar Digginonrand
Old 11-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Ensign

Well, I just so happened to have watched Star Trek First Contact yesterday and watched the teaser trailer they included with the movie, which is what came out before the theatrical trailer, and not once do you see the Enterprise E, it's all shots of the Enterprise D in the teaser trailer.
Old 11-28-2008, 07:01 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainhamster View Post
sorry guys and appreciate the comments yeah i do use realxed englisush syntax in the forum but misquoting still get on my nerves

sorry guy
btw love the avatar Digginonrand
Thanks and I shouldn't have been so quick to jump on you, either. I don't know what my problem was, yesterday. Maybe it was spending time with my parents--and I'm 42.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:47 AM
Vice Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty View Post
i think you and a few others are finding this new trek movie a little hard to understand. The original model was a sleek beasty, but the times have changed, we have moved on, we are in 2008 and a new trek is coming. we have the characters and a ship, with some subtle tweaks, we shall see how it all pans out. If you want to use a car analagy, check out the original dodge charger, and then the latest version. Same car, moved with the times..something that sometimes its a good thing to do...

"Subtle tweaks"? I would really hate to see what you would consider "major modifications". And I think you mean the Dodge "Challenger", not the Charger. The original Charger was a sleek two-door musclecar. The new Charger is a four-door sedan. But the new Challenger is the old Challenger with smoother lines. However, not a good analogy. Since the new Challenger represents over 30 years of technological progression. The Enterprise in this movie is supposed to represent the ship before the voyages of Kirk and crew. So it should not look like a 24th centure ship from TNG. We are supposed to be looking at the history of the future according to Star Trek. That future has been filmed and is visually accessable. This movie takes place before what we have already seen. It should look as such.

Last edited by I-Am-Zim : 11-29-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Lieutenant

I must have to say that I ran into this with my wife when the picture came out, and I was explaining everything that was wrong with the Enterprise and she said, "Honey, your nitpicking."

My wife isn't into Star Trek other than watching the movies and having a good time, so I guess this is the real comparison.

The old TOS Enterprise and the new Abramsprise next to each other is like having an F-14 and a F-15 next to each other. Plane afficiendos know the difference right off the bat while people not so interested look at them and go, "Looks like the same planes to me."
Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Midshipman

It looks like an earlier version of the O.S. 's 5-year missions, and it is not greenish in color (like the original 11-foot model for filming in tos)
Old 11-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Fleet Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesustrek View Post
pleaseeeeeeee this version is FANTASTIC, don't liked the "Abramprise" is UGLY.

an Preyer so that be, the Original Constitution Class with a naclles Experimental NICE.

I like it...
A few more modifications to the Deflector to get rid of the stick appendage to the Star Drive and it's suddenly perfect.

I raly like engines...they should ahve done this...It's perfect.
I ....(love) like it alot.

Old 11-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Captain

You know, when I first saw that I thought it was off. There are still a couple things I dislike about that particular one, but I have to say that compared the Church's Organiprize, they're rather trifling details. (The bulbous front ends on the nacelles and the 1957 Chevy-esque fins don't thrill me, but at least that interpretation looks like it could plausibly have been 'slimmed down' for the vision we saw in The Cage'.)
"Now I did a job -- and got nothin' but trouble since I did it, not to mention more than a few unkind words as regard to my character, so let me make this abundantly clear: I do the job... and then I get paid. Go run your little world."