The Official Star Trek Movie Forum

The Official Star Trek Movie Forum > Star Trek > Star Trek XI: The Movie > Captain Pike agrees to meet Nero on his ship. Why? To discuss terms of surrender???
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Lieutenant

Default Captain Pike agrees to meet Nero on his ship. Why? To discuss terms of surrender???

Spoilers so dont read below if you want.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/11/20/anth...-presentation/
Its says over at trekmovie that in the scenes being shown by Abrams that is one of four shown when describing is that When Vulcan is being attacked by Neros drill weapon that Captain Pike leaves Spock in Command and makes Kirk his first officer and agrees to go meet Nero in a shuttle on his ship but while enroute with Kirk, Sulu and Engineer Olson, he instructs them to orbital dive to the weapon to disable it. Nero monitoring the weapon knows it will be disabled releases the red matter into vulcan to create a black hole. Spock in command on board leaves Chekov in command so he can beam down to save his parents and council members. Pike is never scene in the scene again. So, what do you think happens to Pike because in the next scenes Kirk is told by old Spock how to get under the collar of his younger self so he can relieve him to take command of the ship to defeat Nero. Why is Spock still in command. Does Nero kill Pike because it looks that way in which the scenes are shown by Abrams. I hope this doesn't happen. Your thoughts.

Last edited by Captain Pike : 11-20-2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Pike View Post
Spoilers so dont read below if you want.

http://trekmovie.com/2008/11/20/anth...-presentation/
Its says over at trekmovie that in the scenes being shown by Abrams that is one of four shown when describing is that When Vulcan is being attacked by Neros drill weapon that Captain Pike leaves Spock in Command and makes Kirk his first officer and agrees to go meet Nero in a shuttle on his ship but while enroute with Kirk, Sulu and Engineer Olson, he instructs them to orbital dive to the weapon to disable it. Nero monitoring the weapon knows it will be disabled releases the red matter into vulcan to create a black hole. Spock in command on board leaves Chekov in command so he can beam down to save his parents and council members. Pike is never scene in the scene again. So, what do you think happens to Pike because in the next scenes Kirk is told by old Spock how to get under the collar of his younger self so he can relieve him to take command of the ship to defeat Nero. Why is Spock still in command. Does Nero kill Pike because it looks that way in which the scenes are shown by Abrams. I hope this doesn't happen. Your thoughts.

Could be. So far this latest info tallies with my thoughts about the Kirk / Spock confrontation.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Sounds about right. Maybe when Kirk defeats Nero, Pike somehow un-dies. Things like that happen when you muck about with time travel
Old 11-20-2008, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaldo View Post
Sounds about right. Maybe when Kirk defeats Nero, Pike somehow un-dies. Things like that happen when you muck about with time travel
Anything is possible. But if Pike dies it will be in a manner (I hope) befitting his satute, not like Kirk's death. More heroic etc.

The next TV Series should be called STARFLEET!
Old 11-20-2008, 10:20 PM
Midshipman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaldo View Post
Timeline and Cannon

I'm under the impression that Nero is from the future and has been trying in a style akin to Wile E. Coyote to kill both Kirk and Spock and wipe them out of the Timeline. So by the time Spock catches up the best he can do is make things kinda sorta a little bit like established cannon. Cannon being defined as the 5 Series and 10 Prior movies. If this is how the movie plays out, it sets things up where Spock could visit Kirk's presumed grave on Veridian III only to have old Kirk walk up and say "Hello old friend"
Old 11-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegaman View Post
Anything is possible. But if Pike dies it will be in a manner (I hope) befitting his satute, not like Kirk's death. More heroic etc.
I agree. Pike most likely will be killed by Nero while trying to take him out on his own ship. Also it would be fitting to see him die in a blaze of glory rather than deteriorating in that motorized wheelchair for the rest of his life. Also in one of the British Articles about Abrams showing these scenes is that in the same scene where Kirk warns Pike about the lightning. Kirk says to Pike thathe remembered his dad told him that the same lightning appeared before the Kelvin was attacked. Apparently Kirks dad lives one Kelvin attack and dies in another in different time periods.
Old 11-21-2008, 03:19 AM
Ensign

Quote:
Captain Pike agrees to meet Nero on his ship. Why? To discuss terms of surrender???
Why bother stating on your first post that there are spoilers ahead when you go and put a spoiler directly in the TITLE of your post!? Thanks(!)
Old 11-21-2008, 05:37 AM
Fleet Admiral

Perhaps, Nero is now the cause of Pike's condition as seen in The Menagerie?
Old 11-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoyagerFan View Post
Why bother stating on your first post that there are spoilers ahead when you go and put a spoiler directly in the TITLE of your post!? Thanks(!)
Never the less you were warned and could have hit the back button.
Old 11-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Federation Councillor

I'd go with the idea that whatever happens to Pike is either undone by the time travel element or it simply doesn't happen that way -i.e he doesn't die at all. His later fate is too well recorded to be changed so stupidly.